Extended Essay

Survival Robot

Hello fellow EE-ers. My subject and topic,

Ensci : To assess the usage of solar energy as a future energy source for rural India through a comparative study of two villages in India. (more of an "aim" rather than a "question")

I'm basically going to calculate the carbon emission due to conventional sources like diesel and kersosene in Village A and then the decrease in the carbon emission due to a shift to usage of solar lanterns in village B. And then other factors such as health and economic benefits since its supposed to be environmental "systems and societies", as a result of these lamps. I've visited the village with tremendous pain! (total 6 hours to and fro)and it was a questionnaire based study. Have written 1000 words. But to me it still seems like a narrative essay and not very researched based. Any ideas as to how I can convert my research question into an ACTUAL question? I don't have environment as a subject as well so don't know if this topic is very appropriate.

Any Ensci students/anyone else? :D

so im in year 1 IB, and i want to do my EE in biology or chemistry. Under what would the topic: the effects of cell phone radiation on human cells be?

its broad i know, but its just a general idea i have.

and im really interested in neurology, however we haven't started that topic yet, but is it possible to do an EE on some topic about neurology?

so im in year 1 IB, and i want to do my EE in biology or chemistry. Under what would the topic: the effects of cell phone radiation on human cells be?

its broad i know, but its just a general idea i have.

and im really interested in neurology, however we haven't started that topic yet, but is it possible to do an EE on some topic about neurology?

My teachers strongly recommended you can do an experiment on the topic you are considering in science. If you can magic a way to do a decent experiment on neurology go ahead

• Like 1

Hey!

In the EE guidelines they state ''students may not write a group 2 extended essay in a language that they are offering as a language A1 for their diploma''. I live in Sweden and they offer Swedish and English as language A1 in our diploma, because some of us are native swedes while others have just immigrated to Sweden, such as I have. I wanted to write my EE in Swedish as I have it as my A2 language, and have come up with my research question and all! Yet neither have I nor my mentor noticed this tricky sentence. Does this really mean that I cannot write my EE in Swedish because my school offers it as a A1 language`?

This could be catastrofic as many students have decided to choose english A2 for their EE.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@deadlyknight, I think the "various types" should be refined to one type, that allows you to have an in-depth analysis.. Could be along the lines of "The significance of (the artist's name) work in the development of (type of art)".

Also, I was hoping people could give feedback on my topic - it's along the lines of window imagery in Wuthering Heights. Would this be too broad or un-original?

Yesss! After only a few weeks of working on it, I have finally finished my EE that I procrastinated like crazy on ^___^

I changed my topic a week before the final draft was due hehe...

How does the absence of a father effect the daughter's relationships?

Extended Essay Help:

Please guys tell me what should be the process of finding the topic for ee? I mean I am doing it in History what will be the Primary Sources- Secondary sources? My teacher told me to search for some library cataloger. How to find them or at least where to look for them on web? :surrender:

Maybe you should start by actually picking a topic? Then wondering about doing research on it.