Extended Essay

Survival Robot

I don't take economics, but is there something specific about the phone networks that you could compare? Maybe something about prices/demand for the service involving the phone networks? Sorry I can't be more specific. :(

On a related note, my EE topic is in history on the Spanish Civil War.

My exact question is along the lines of "To what extent was the victory of Franco and the Nationalists in the Spanish Civil War the result of foreign aid from Hitler and Mussolini?"

Currently in the final process of my EE :D

Subject --> Psychology (SL) Topic --> Savants. Research Question --> To what extent do autistic savants aid in the understanding of the cognitive potential of the mind?

Bit of a tough one, but I've nearly finished editing it... Finally! :P

I have a little problem, I don't have a research question yet. I have a supervisor and i've decided to have english (lang. A1) as my subject but I can't seem to come up with anything. I am reading quite a bit and hoping that something will pop up, but of course I would like to do something original. I was thinking of shakespeare and modern day soaps, but I have no idea how to connect them. I think it is obvious that shakespeare is the inspiration of modern day soaps, or?

I would love some opinions about the shakespeare thing, and if anyone can recommend some good reading that could inspire me, that would be great!

:)

Why does it seem that not too many people are/did theirs on geo? I am planning on doing it in geo but I am not sure how can I choose a topic in which I could conduct my own research. If any one could provide any advice I would appreciate it :)

Is it too typical to write about why Shakespeare is still so popular today?

I don't know how you would fit this into a subject matter. My friend wanted to do a similar topic with a different author, but my English teacher said the way he phrased the question, similar to the way you phrased yours, wouldn't make it an English EE topic and more of an Anthropology.

or the role of men and women in victorian novels? (or more specific, in tess of the d'urbervilles?)

That's a good start! Narrow it down a bit - what is the author trying to say about the role of men and women? Why is this important to study?

Is it too typical to write about why Shakespeare is still so popular today?

I don't know how you would fit this into a subject matter. My friend wanted to do a similar topic with a different author, but my English teacher said the way he phrased the question, similar to the way you phrased yours, wouldn't make it an English EE topic and more of an Anthropology.

or the role of men and women in victorian novels? (or more specific, in tess of the d'urbervilles?)

That's a good start! Narrow it down a bit - what is the author trying to say about the role of men and women? Why is this important to study?

Thanks! It's nice to hear feedback.. ''victorian novels'' is probably too wide, I've always wanted to read Tess of The D'urbervilles by. Thomas Hardy, perhaps I can look at the roll of men and women in that particular novel, and then narrow it down a bit more to specific questions as you suggested!

hAH, i'm back!

I have come up with a more structured idea, to compare the outcomes of the main characters in both Jane Eyre and Tess of the D'urbervilles. How men and women play a roll in both novells and how it affects the outcome of both characters. Then by comparing the characters I can get some leverage to back my opinions, for example that Janes upbringing gave her experience and thus compared to Tess she is not as gullible.. whereas we see that Tess's lack of experience leads her to tragic situations ... etc

I need major help with formulating this into a question though!!!

Any Suggestions?

Mine is:

How does the rights of Islamic Women differ from Woman's Human's Rights.

Is that dumb?

:S

I think that sound great! What subject would that be related to? History?

Anyways, I think you should really be cautious about keeping in mind the INTERNATIONAL opinions of people, and you never know who will be marking your paper. IB is all about internationalism, so watch out for that in your writing.

Mine is:

How does the rights of Islamic Women differ from Woman's Human's Rights.

Is that dumb?

:S

Consider rephrasing it to "To what extent do the rights of .......". As the above poster said, under what IB subject will you categorize it under? Its adequate - you can make it more specific.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

I'm doing my EE in history, and my topic's German intervention in the Spanish Civil War. I think my title will be something like this, although it's prone to change! "Did German military support of Francisco Franco in the Spanish Civil War directly contribute to the Nationalists' victory?"

What do you think? Should I narrow the research question further?

Hey everyone, I've been debating what topic I should ultimately choose for my extended, and I came up with something in regards to General Custer and Benedict Arnold, two famous military figures whose reputations are tarnished for one mistake.

My research question is as follows: "To what extent do the failures of Benedict Arnold and General Custer shape their legacies despite both having successful military careers?"

Is this narrow enough? I plan on discussing both of their backgrounds, military achievements, and then how one event caused the downfall of both individuals (obviously at different times). Not only are they remembered for their failures, but both are synonymous with treason.

Can anyone provide me with some help? What else could I focus/write on?

Thank you all in advance!