Extended Essay

Survival Robot

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping to start my extended essay in higher psychology, being that i want to be a midwife i have tried to relate it without using a science subject.

To what extent does maternal postnatal (postpartum) depression effect the cognitive development of the child?

i have found loads of stuff on it and would be great if anyone else could find some? :)

x

Hi,

I have one simple question. Can my EE be a prediction? Like in my county next year a new reform will appear according to it all alcohol advertisments are banned. I wanted to write about the consequences and couses to customers, producers, sellers, goverment. Any advice maby?

what subject would you do it in? and if you could support it with good enough evidence i dont see why not?

My Bio EE: Testing the Effect of Wasabi and Ginger, Pickled and Fresh, for Antimicrobial Activity

I tested sushi condiments and fresh ginger on E.coli and S.epidermidis growth on Petri plates (LB agar growth medium).

My supervisor said I should get a B, but with IB bureaucracy and the graders, it'll probably get the average C.

I'm just hoping for some extra points! :D

bah I want to do a compare and contrast....... but i'm not sure which two books to choose from...

hm... i have a couple of ideas...the first is comparing ...archetypes, themes, and ...basically tragic heroes/villains ...one from Richard III (richard himself) and wuthering heights (victor).

then there's comparing the heroes journey thing....thinking... odyssey and.....epic of gilgamesh..?

AND ......then lol just finished harry potter...and my wild idea: FIT VOLDEMORT INTO THE VILLAIN THING...and compare with richard III ?

meh just wild idea......

ahh not sure what to choose .... what do you guys think? (my advisor isn't replying......sigh)

Good choice! I want to do a compare & contrast, too. Generally, advisors do not help you, they just expect you to give your work done.

Anyway, it' d be a good idea to choose odyssey and epic of gilgamesh. They have the same themes, don't they? so you can talk about the theme first and then the characters in details but I'm not sure how long it would be:/

Edited by queen12

Pick a branch of policy first in my opinion. They do kind of merge a lot but I think it will be much better and more insightful if you can differentiate your EE so you only discuss military policies, or economic policies, or whatever it is. I think something like the effect of _______ policy during the years (might want to define this year length for specificity) leading up to the market crash of 1929 (or whatever you choose) would be just fine.

Specific enough (by defining the years you are looking at and the policy "genre") but broad enough where you don't hit ~1500 words and go "uh oh..."

today my teacher told my class we should start thinking about our ee topics.

My first thought was to examine how music of the 1960s was affected by the social changes in America at that time.

I definitly want to do something with the 60s, particularly women's increased sexual liberty, as that's a subject I feel very passionate about, but I'm not sure what the point of the essay would be. Any suggestions?

Well, the sexual liberty could be a cause or effect really. Depends on how you want to approach it. Do you want to investigate how the sexual liberty did...whatever it did (this would be your conclusion basically...what did the liberty lead to). Or you could investigate a couple main social changes (I'm guessing they'd be social, I'm sure you know more) that lead to the increase in sexual liberty :)

Hi... if I wanted to write about the history of American policy leading up to the stock market crash of the 1929 (or 1987...or the 2000 dot com bubble, if those are allowed), how would I go about trying to make the topic more specific??

Thanks for your help guys! =]

1987 would be "allowed", but not sure the potential research depth's there. 2000 is really pushing it; History tends to be anything before 10 years ago. My teacher said 9/11 was more or less the "cutoff", so I would venture that the dot com bubble would be okay.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of doing ITGS:

"What are the effects of Anonymity on Virtual Conduct?" where I would compare how people act on 4chan to Facebook and maybe through something in about the hacktivist group Anonymous...

Not sure if that's good. There's a strong lack of material related to ITGS as far as I can see. =(

Hey guys I'm new to this. I want to know your opinion about my ee topic. My topic is, "To what extent does technology affect demographics".

I'm still not sure though whether that's too broad or not. I want my essay to be related to computer science but sadly my school won't provide me. To think of it, I might actually narrow it down to "To what extent does Internet affect demographics". What do you guys think?

Hey guys I'm new to this. I want to know your opinion about my ee topic. My topic is, "To what extent does technology affect demographics".

I'm still not sure though whether that's too broad or not. I want my essay to be related to computer science but sadly my school won't provide me. To think of it, I might actually narrow it down to "To what extent does Internet affect demographics". What do you guys think?

That is too broad, you should narrow it down to a specific way that the Internet affects demographics, and be more specific about the demographics you are talking about.

My EE is English Literature.

My research question is:

Attitudes towards religion in Tess of the d'Urbervilles and Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy.

How does that sound?

Wow... So many EEs on languages and history. People in my school are lining up outside the economics teachers' offices.

I'm one of those people. XD

So... is there any way I could do an economics EE without having to hand out surveys? I took a look at the economics EE samples and the other one that didn't have a survey instead had interviews, except the interviews were with pretty important/authoritative people. If I don't have that kind of access for interviews, would that mean that I must do surveys?

Check what The Guide says about it. For instance in case of physics EE all the methods possible as a base for your EE are listed.

BTW I did mine in physics and it was on rotational inertia of a bike wheel depending on its mass and the distribution of this mass. (of course it was written in more sophisticated language, but I had bi pacience to write it word for word here :P)

Mine's in Physics. Beginning writing it now. It's on how does the area of a hole affect the rate of water flow. It's exciting!!

By the way, quick question: which font would it best to write in? And what size?

Thanks for the help.

Edited by nametaken