Extended Essay

Survival Robot

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone pleaseee suggest me that the following questions are appropriate or not for Extended Essay in Business Management.

--Can Maaslow’s need hierarchy theory contribute to the improvement in labour productivity of Champion Cars limited ?

-- What monetary and non monetary incentives can be provided by Champion Cars Ltd. to reduce it's labour turnover ?

--To what extent it might be possible for Champion Cars Ltd. to use Herzberg's motivators to improve the level of worker's motivation ?

All the responses will be appreciated. Please help...!!!!

Can anyone pleaseee suggest me that the following questions are appropriate or not for Extended Essay in Business Management.

--Can Maaslow’s need hierarchy theory contribute to the improvement in labour productivity of Champion Cars limited ?

-- What monetary and non monetary incentives can be provided by Champion Cars Ltd. to reduce it's labour turnover ?

--To what extent it might be possible for Champion Cars Ltd. to use Herzberg's motivators to improve the level of worker's motivation ?

All the responses will be appreciated. Please help...!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

**** I need to come up with a EE topic in Chem.. :dontgetit::eek:

We can't come up with a EE topic for you! When choosing your EE topic, keep in mind that you will most probably have to do an experiment (it is strongly advised to conduct experiments for Group 4 EEs) so you will have to have the necessary equipment available, and from that experiment you need to be able to use the data in your EE effectively. Also pick a topic that you'd enjoy (even a little!), because you have to be able to not get sick of the topic before you hand in your final draft. :)

Hi,

I think my topic is going to be

How does the use of fertilisers such as egg shells contribute to the growth of a (a name of a plant)?

Although I don't have much to write about.. Is it too narrow? Any suggestions is what I can write in this topic??

Thanks in advance

It seems like your research question can be done in an experiment relatively easily (and experiments are highly recommended for Group 4 EEs), and it is specific. I don't know how specific it needs to be, but it states in Criterion A that your research question should be clear and concise. Look for a plant in your area that can be grown where you live, and you can use that plant in your EE. BUT if you don't have much to write about, first you need to research to learn more about your topic (which you should've done first in order to get your title).

Good luck!

Hi everyone,

For my EE I was thinking of doing a comparison of Lord of the Flies and Fahrenheit 451, and talking about control in society. What happens when there is too much control, vs. too little control, and maybe even dystopia and utopia, and whether humanity is naturally good or evil.

My idea's are all over the place.

Anyone have any comments or critiques?

People i desperately need your help. Im doing ib hl math, and was unsure of my EE topic. So by looking around in the EE guide of the ib i adapted one of their question.

SO please answer me, is this question ok?

How many numbers are square and triangular numbers, how do we derive pell equation from this and solving this equation to get a general formula

for square triangular numbers.

Although I've never seen anything to say that it is not allowed, I would be a little wary of taking one of the examples from the Guide for a Maths EE. The examiner might take off a point or two from Criterion A on the grounds that your research question was not original enough to merit them.

What do you guys think of an examination of the effectiveness of social and ecological hypotheses explaining the evolution of the human brain?

I read that Individual research is important for a biological essay. I'm also wondering if evolutionary cognitive neuroscience is too close to psychology. However, my essay will be dense on evolutionary content. And of course — originality and specificity.

Hey guys :)

I'm doing my EE on Biology and I just approached my supervisor about my research topic. He's very hush hush about it and it's one of his first years teaching IB so I would appreciate if anyone could give some feedback on it.

"Can conflicting sense perceptions affect a person's ability to identify different food products?"

I know that the topic area would be in neurobiology and behavior but what I'm frightened about is the experiment part of it. I'm scared however I do this the experiment will be too simple? >.< I don't think it'll be something that will take weeks to conduct or will require extensive data collection but I haven't looked into the fine details just as yet since I just settled on this research question.

Any comment would be appreciated! :)

I'm doing my EE on Biology and I just approached my supervisor about my research topic. He's very hush hush about it and it's one of his first years teaching IB so I would appreciate if anyone could give some feedback on it.

"Can conflicting sense perceptions affect a person's ability to identify different food products?"

I know that the topic area would be in neurobiology and behavior but what I'm frightened about is the experiment part of it. I'm scared however I do this the experiment will be too simple? >.< I don't think it'll be something that will take weeks to conduct or will require extensive data collection but I haven't looked into the fine details just as yet since I just settled on this research question.

That's not really biology; it's more like psychology.

Hey guys.

I'm doing my EE in economy: "has the lowering of vat from 25% to 15% lowered the price level for restaurants in downtown jönköping(my town, centrum)?

I am right in the middle of gathering information, but I have some questions.

- Is sending an email enough, or do you think they would just ignore me? So, interview vs callin vs email.

- Would quantitative or qualitative questions be better? I imagine quantitative would gather me more information but I am afraid that the restaurants themselved won't know how much they have lowered their prices, if they have at all. Maybe a yes or no question would be more realistic?

Thanks.

That's not really biology; it's more like psychology.

Really? How so? :S

And if it is more like psychology...would it be a big problem? Because I thought of the idea after doing Neurobiology and behavior topic and I figured since the chapter in itself had information about behavior of organisms and processing stimuli that it'd work :\

Edited by Edwina Wong

You'll do better filing it under cognitive psychology, and yes, it's a fine topic.

So in other words...if I want to do my EE on Biology I have to go back to the drawing board? >.< What if I do something about the effects of something on memory? :S

You'll do better filing it under cognitive psychology, and yes, it's a fine topic.

So in other words...if I want to do my EE on Biology I have to go back to the drawing board? >.< What if I do something about the effects of something on memory? :S

Hi Wina-Wiener! I see you be having some troubles with your EE topic. I agree with most posters that your topic is indeed leaning on the side of psychology. Even though it might seem confusing as some elements of perception are what you've learnt in Option E, the biological core of Neuro and Behaviour chapter concerns the genetic/environmental factors that affect bahaviour. Your EE topic deals more with the question of perception . Let's try to break it down:

"Sense perception" - Are you going to analyze the genetic background that lead to the development of that particular sense perception? Because while biology deals with sense perception and such, it's only to an extent. Psychology focuses on the abstract and relative idea of sense perception. Biology is concerned with empirical proofs and controlled experiments that try to determine the genetic nature and extent of perception. (neurons, transmitters, genes, and all that fancy jazz).

I think it is possible for you to do an EE on a subject you don't take but it's not at all recommended as you won't have the appropriate supervisor and things can get ugly and stressful. But if you're really adamant about the sense perception idea, why don' you look at taxis and kinesis, and the different receptors involved such as mechano-, thermo-, photo-, etc? Maybe you can talk about the adaptive nature of a chosen specimen instead?

I hope this cleared things a bit more but if you're still unsure, hit me up on FB and I'll gladly help :D

P.S As for the memory thing, it sounds like a good topic if you bring a mental disease in such as Alzheimer's or brain lesions. But what about it would you focus on?

Edited by Shelly Tsui
  • Like 1