Official IB May 2012 Results Thread

ILM

IBCONQUERER, that is amazing. 7 in Math HL, well done.

Everyone's done so well! I haven't checked my IB results but I am definitely crapping myself over this. Absolutely petrified.

I'm in the UK - does anyone know when the results are published in the UK? My IB Co-ordinator is pretty clueless...

IBCONQUERER, that is amazing. 7 in Math HL, well done.

Everyone's done so well! I haven't checked my IB results but I am definitely crapping myself over this. Absolutely petrified.

I'm in the UK - does anyone know when the results are published in the UK? My IB Co-ordinator is pretty clueless...

Should be 13.45 GMT. :)

You can check the GMT-time from the candidates.ibo.org -> results, I can't give you the exact time because they have given different times for each school so that they don't get their servers crashed by everyone logging in at the same time :D

Congrats for everyone, your results are depressingly good :D

Just got an email from my IB coordinator.

I got a 4 in Maths SL :(

I'm incredibly disappointed in myself, but, to my parents thats a 7 considering the fact that I only had 4 months to learn and master the whole syllabus.

I've decided to retake maths in November 2012 along with the rest of my exams. (wish me luck!)

and CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYBODY WHO HAS PASSED AND RECEIVED THEIR DIPLOMAS! You're finally free from IB and move on to become better and bigger people out there in the world~!! :D :D :D

Proud of each and every one of you :)

• Like 2

Rather disappointed.. ):

English A1 SL 6 As expected

Spanish Ab SL 7 As expected

Bus. & Man. HL 6 To be remarked, expected 7

PHYSICS EE in ENGLISH D To be remarked, predicted was A

PHYSICS HL in ENGLISH 7 As expected

MATHEMATICS HL in ENGLISH 6 Was expecting 7 but I don't think remarking will make a difference here..

VISUAL ARTS OPTION A SL in ENGLISH 7 Positively surprised.. Predicted was a high 6

THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH B As Expected

Does anyone have any experience with getting things remarked? Does it make any sense at all for Math? I have contacted my teachers for the other two and I'm pretty sure I will get those remarked as is.

Total: 40

Rather disappointed.. ):

English A1 SL 6 As expected

Spanish Ab SL 7 As expected

Bus. & Man. HL 6 To be remarked, expected 7

PHYSICS EE in ENGLISH D To be remarked, predicted was A

PHYSICS HL in ENGLISH 7 As expected

MATHEMATICS HL in ENGLISH 6 Was expecting 7 but I don't think remarking will make a difference here..

VISUAL ARTS OPTION A SL in ENGLISH 7 Positively surprised.. Predicted was a high 6

THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH B As Expected

Does anyone have any experience with getting things remarked? Does it make any sense at all for Math? I have contacted my teachers for the other two and I'm pretty sure I will get those remarked as is.

Total: 40

No it doesn't really make sense. Math has probably the most strict markschemes in IB which means that only in extreme circumstances will they have screwed up your mark. Unless you're off by 1 mark, I wouldn't bother. Besides, a 6 in Math HL is pretty damn good. I also got a 6 when I was expecting a 7, but that's long forgotten :P

No it doesn't really make sense. Math has probably the most strict markschemes in IB which means that only in extreme circumstances will they have screwed up your mark. Unless you're off by 1 mark, I wouldn't bother. Besides, a 6 in Math HL is pretty damn good. I also got a 6 when I was expecting a 7, but that's long forgotten :P

That's what I thought.. I'll contact my teacher to see how close I was.. I really wanna get 42 points and really was expecting that.. still hoping.. ;)

Got the points I was aiming for :)38/45

English A1 HL 6

French B SL 6

History HL 6

Biology HL 6

Mathematics SL 7

Visual Arts SL 6

History EE C

TOK C

I was predicted 7s in History and Biology but I'm not really bothered to remark them (unless I'm extremely close to the limit) since I got what I wanted anyway. I bombed Bio Paper 2 anyway so the 6 was a bit of a surprise! Might get my EE remarked since my teacher predicted an A and I worked my butt off for it.

Anyway, congrats to the IB survivors 2012! We did it guys!

Got the points I was aiming for :) 38/45

English A1 HL 6

French B SL 6

History HL 6

Biology HL 6

Mathematics SL 7

Visual Arts SL 6

History EE C

TOK C

I was predicted 7s in History and Biology but I'm not really bothered to remark them (unless I'm extremely close to the limit) since I got what I wanted anyway. I bombed Bio Paper 2 anyway so the 6 was a bit of a surprise! Might get my EE remarked since my teacher predicted an A and I worked my butt off for it.

Anyway, congrats to the IB survivors 2012! We did it guys!

unless you are extremely close to the limit? How do you know how close you are to the limit? Can you see it where the results are? congratulations btw!