Official IB May 2012 Results Thread

ILM

Higher level:

English A1: 5

Psychology: 6

Biology: 4 :( (was hoping for a 5 at least, pretty gutted)

Standard level:

French B: 5

History: 5

Maths Studies: 6

1 extra point:

ToK: C

Extended Essay in Psychology: C

Total score: 32

Diploma awarded

Problem is, my insurance was 33 with 655 in my HL, and my firm choice was 35 with a 6 in psychology.

Does anyone know how lenient unis are likely to be? It's only the 2nd year my college have done the IB.

Am I the only IB student in the world who does not have their grade awarded for HL History? I am getting paranoid now

What do you mean? Does it show an 'N' instead of a grade?

No it shows a P and my school has never had this happen before.

If it makes you feel any better, I've got a "P" for my English A1 HL.... maybe they are waiting on the grade? argh! So much suspense!!!!!

Am I the only IB student in the world who does not have their grade awarded for HL History? I am getting paranoid now

P means that the grade is pending. Tell your coordinator to call the IBO offices asap.

What if I can't reach my coordinator? She retired this year and is currently in Spain... and I have no idea how to contact the new one.

Results in and although I didn't get my predicted, i'm a happy boy!

French B HL - 7

Geography HL - 7

Chemistry HL - 4 (So glad I passed!)

English A1 SL - 7

Music SL - 7

Mathematics SL - 6 (So close to a 7 too)

EE in French B - A (SHOCKER!)

TOK - C (Shocker but in the complete other sense; I was sure I would get an A.

So a total of 40 :)

I received 26 points. Diploma awarded.

Anyone get 26 points too? I've got to admit, I was expecting more. Surprised I got a 4 on History HL. Expected a 6 in HL Art, 5 in HL English, etc.

Sigh... I feel like a failure... now I'm not getting any college credit whatsoever. This is devastating.

Guest casanova

27 points guys :D

i passed.. that is the important thing.. nothing else haha..

i am only disappointed with my ITGS HL result(got 4 - expected 5 or 6)

high enough to meet my uni offer!

a bit disappointed at first with some subjects, but I guess I did pretty well as it is. I got the grades I wanted in Maths though (which I'm gonna study at uni) so I'm certainly satisfied. the other subjects I won't deal with anymore so I don't care if I didn't get the results I wanted :P

so many people in my grade got really low grades in chem hl, dont know if it was because of a new teacher or because chem this year was just horrible, well I didnt take chem so I guess that was lucky

HL

History - 6

Math- 5

Physics - 6

SL

German A1 -5 (teacher said I could get a 7 if I did well in exams, since I thought I did pretty well I guess I really f*ed up somewhere)

English A2 -6

Music (solo perf.) 5 (I thought I did so badly on the performance part I would get a 3 or if lucky a 4, but I since I did pretty well in the exam I guess that saved me)

EE History- B (written in 10 days in fall break only concentrating on writing the EE without much prep, so I am happy about this ^^)

TOK- B (positive surprise, I was stupid and did not put much effort into it, but my teacher said I am a TOK person in the sense that I understand the IB logic of it so I guess that saved me XD)

B/B- 2 points

35 pts, bilingual diploma awarded

if either EE or tok were close to an A I will see if I can get it remarked for the extra point

Since I was probably really close to a 6 in German I will see if its any use to get it remarked as well

Since I am studying in germany the conversion is kinda weird, 1.0 is the best grade, with 35 pts I have 2.1, with 36 I would have 2.0 and with 37 1.8, so it would only really make a big difference if I would get 2 more pts which is unlikely, but who knows.....

anyways congratulations to everyone who is finally done with this part of life and is off to see what the future brings

HL:

Theatre - 6 (Yay!)

English A1 - 6 (Very happy, but would have LOVED that seven!)

Chemistry - 5 (I passed! Paper 2 was horrendous but I passed! I found chemistry tougher and tougher as IB2 went on, but I got what I was predicted, not anything higher unfortunately, but at least I didn't go down!)

SL:

History - 7 (Yay!)

Math SL (not studies) - 6 (Bit disappointing, but paper 2 was a struggle for me.)

French B - 6 (woooo! I was predicted a 4/5!)

Extended Essay: English A1 - A (THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED IS THE IB LOVING MY ESSAY AS MUCH AS I DO! I was a tad worried that having written it on Tolkien I might not do as well as I could especially having seen so many of what people had written on this site, but my idea was very original.)

ToK: Q7 - B (Yes! I tend to do pretty okay with TOK, but I found it really tough at some points (mainly this essay) so I'm very happy with this.)

Extra points: 3

Total : 36 + 3 = 39/45!

I'm so so so thrilled with this grade. I was predicted 35 with no extra points (our school doesn't predict for them) and I got one mark higher than that, and I got the 3 extra points that our school has been so obsessed with us getting (apparently last year nobody managed to get all 3 extra points, so I'm very pleased that I did manage to!)

Since I'm going to study in Australia (where I'm originally from) this translates to a 97.5/100 so I'm VERY happy! Yay! IB is over!

This is terrible, I felt quite confident going into the results, having 36 predicted without the extra points and having my finals go so much better than my mocks (atleast so i thought)

HL Chem - 5

HL Finnish A1 - 4 (gutted)

HL English B - 6 (gutted

SL Econ - 5 (predicted 7, and felt like it easily went the best out of all the tests

SL physics - 6 (alright)

SL math - 5 (alright with this)

EE Chem - C (expected this)

TOK - B

So 32/45, not exactly what i was expecting, but life goes on i guess

P means that the grade is pending. Tell your coordinator to call the IBO offices asap.

What if I can't reach my coordinator? She retired this year and is currently in Spain... and I have no idea how to contact the new one.

Call the school? The IBO itself says that in these cases you should have the coordinator call their offices.

100th post! Not very attention grabbing though...

ok... post 102....

English HL A1: 5

Economics HL: 6

Chemistry HL: 5 :@:(:tears::bawling:

Math SL: 7

French SL B:5

Physics: 6 :o :o :o :o (take that, underpredicted physics teachaaaaa!)

EE: C *flips table*

TOK: B

35/45

Serious reality check that I have to boss through uni....

• Like 1

[...]

several people in my grade got predicted 5 and actually got a 3 in chem HL, this year chem was a disaster, I am lucky I didnt take chem

about the EE, another guy I know was predicted A in his EE and TOK essay (by a quite experienced teacher as well) and he ended up getting C/C (-2 points, quite a setback)

I was predicted 32 (because I am lazy and dont work as much in class as I could, but do give my best when it matters, eg exams and IA's) and ended up getting 35 as well (I also got positively surprised by a 6 in phys ;)), which I think is great

Of course if you expect higher than 35 it might be a slight disappointment, but remember that the IB is one of the most demanding programmes out there, and after University (if you choose to go) no one will ever have a look at your points again.

Edited by Aeronymous

100th post! Not very attention grabbing though...

ok... post 102....

English HL A1: 5

Economics HL: 6

Math SL: 7

French SL B:5

Physics: 6 :o :o :o :o (take that, underpredicted physics teachaaaaa!)

TOK: B

35/45

Serious reality check that I have to boss through uni....

Congratulations! Your score is amazing. I see you did your EE in english A1, were you predicted a C as well? May I ask what your RQ was?? I'm doing mine in English as well :)

Copying what I told you before:

Message them if you want to request help/information from a specific user. Otherwise these threads are going to be filled with your conversations.