Official IB May 2012 Results Thread

ILM

unless you are extremely close to the limit? How do you know how close you are to the limit? Can you see it where the results are? congratulations btw!

I read somewhere that we'll get the grade breakdown later.. Does anyone know when/how?

unless you are extremely close to the limit? How do you know how close you are to the limit? Can you see it where the results are? congratulations btw!

I read somewhere that we'll get the grade breakdown later.. Does anyone know when/how?

You have to contact your IB coordinator. He/she should have the breakdowns for every student at your school :)

Edited by ninety

You usually get them a week from today.

• Like 1

do you get them via the same website as you get your results or is it just sent to our coordinator?

do you get them via the same website as you get your results or is it just sent to our coordinator?

Nope, they are sent to the schools so you have to get them from the coordinator. They also have the grade boundaries by then.

By the way, I said a week but that's the latest. The school could get them in 4-5 days. If I'm not mistaken, last year I got mine 5 days after the 6th of July.

I got my results today too!!!

Maths HL - 7

Physics HL - 7

Chemistry HL - 7

English B HL - 7

Philosophy SL - 7

Polish A1 SL - 6

EE (Chemistry) - A

TOK - A

Overall: 44/45

Couldn't be more excited. :)

Polish is the worst. Out of all subjects I fear it the most, although I do SL as well.

I have this impression that the examiners are way more strict than those of other languages...

But, wow, congrats! :)

Well it is worse for me because I don't have my IB mark for History HL only a P and as this is my main subject I son't know where I stand. Bit of a shock when I opened my results at school and my score for the IB was 0. School has never had this happen before and they have been told not to contact IB as they will get back to them when they have my mark so everyone else in my year is either celebrating or planning what to do next and I am in limbo.

Guest Humaira

I'm in IB year one but I got my french mark which is a level 5, I was wondering do we get to know if we got a high or low level in a grade boundary?

May 2012

Arabic A1 sl self taught:6

English B hl:7

Chemistry hl:7

Biology hl:7

Math sl:7

History sl:5

Tok/EE:B/C

so 39+1=40

Diploma awarded (best two words I have ever heard)

November 2011

Physics sl (certificate):7

Congrats to everybody who got what they wanted; and for those that were disappointed, it isn´t the end of the world.

Edited by IB>mindf**k

From last year:

Economics SL: 7

Math SL: 6

This year:

English A1 HL: 4 (OMG WTF BBQ :panic: )

Biology HL: 5 (ugh that dropped too! D:)

Chemistry HL: 5 ( -_- )

French B SL: 7

TOK: B

EE (English A1): A

Total: 37

Ugh I'm going to go have some ice cream now...English just ruined my day...

Strangely enough my EE and TOK grades switched around from what I was predicted...hmm...

• Like 5

I am bittersweet on this.

Last year:

Mathematics SL: 6

Visual Arts SL: 5

This year:

English A1 HL: 5 SUCCESS

Spanish B HL: 7 :D :D :D :D :D

History HL: 6 :D :D :D, i bet it was paper 3 that brought me down though

Chemistry HL: 5 WTF, I am mad

EE (history): A

Total: 37

Diploma: Awarded!!!!

Happy with everything but my chemistry mark. Ugh. I might remark this if I find I'm near the boundary for a 6.

• Like 5

SL Math: 7

SL Physics: 6

SL English A1: 5

HL Chemistry: 6

HL Economics: 6

HL French B: 5

EE: D <- LOL, going to remark this just for the hell of it.

Diploma awarded! Kind of disappointed with French B and EE, but happy with everything else. Best of luck to everyone else!

35+1 / 45

Edited by jmarsiglio

I'm glad to see everyone with such high scores. But I, on the other hand, am in a more dreadful situation. My scores are beyond lack-luster and I couldn't believe it when I saw them. I keep refreshing and hoping maybe something was wrong, but nothing has changed. I know many say it's not the end of the world, but I'm going to get probably no credit, and wanted to be one of the few to get a diploma at our school (low resource public school with no funds to even sustain the program, historically after 4 years and about 70 students, only 4 have gotten the diploma.) not for entitlement, but to prove what could come from a little public school. I guess I was wrong for caring so much and trying so hard when I had numerous classmates who didn't. Sorry to spoil your thread considering everyone else has passed with such nice scores, but I just....I just tried so hard and NONE of these scores make since to me, nor do they accuractely reflect my performance as a student.

English A1 HL - 3

Spanish B SL - 4

History HL - 3

Chemistry SL - 3

Math Studies SL - 5 (I got a 19/20 on my IA for crying out loud! And I knew every single question on that test!)

Music EE - C

Music HL - 3

TOK - D

Total points 21 -_-, Diploma not awarded. Biggest in my entire life.

Edit: And I had a previous account that for some reason I can't access.

Edited by TheOpto(mist)
  • Like 4

SL History: 5

SL French B: 5

Math Studies: 6

HL Psychology: 6

HL English: 5

HL Chem: 4

Psych EE: B

+2

= 33/45

I was so excited for at least passing HL Chem x___x that class was terrible! On the other hand, I'm surprised at my math studies grade because I always got 4s on my mocks.

Guest Positron

May 2012

Arabic A1 sl self taught:7

English B hl:7

Chemistry hl:7

Biology hl:7

Math sl:7

History sl:5

Tok/EE:B/C

so 39+1=40

Diploma awarded (best two words I have ever heard)

November 2011

Physics sl (certificate):7

Congrats to everybody who got what they wanted; and for those that were disappointed, it isn´t the end of the world.

Uhm, isn't that 41 points?

Wow. Congratulations everyone! :clap:

You guys did so amazing. So many 40's. You must all be proud :D All that hard work really paid off. :blowkiss:

However, I'm a bit disappointed with my grades -.-

So here it is:

English A1 HL - 4 ( :blink:)

Biology HL - 6 (super happy! my biology teacher said i'd get a 5 but i sure proved him wrong!)

Business and Management HL - 6

French B SL - 4

Maths Studies - 5 (disappointing >.< )

Psychology SL - 5 (I don't know what happened here :dontgetit: )

TOK - C

English EE - C ( :crying:)

Bonus points: 1

Total: 31/45

Diploma awarded.

I hate it but as long as i have my diploma. XD

Edited by kim luffy
  • Like 2

Just got my results

Mathematics HL - 6 (Thought I could have got a 7)

History HL - 6 (Phew!)

Biology HL - 6 (Hmm ...)

English A1 HL - 7 (W00t!! IDK how?)

Chemistry SL - 7 (Yay!)

Spanish B SL - 6 (from last year)

ToK - A

EE - A

41/45

Diploma Awarded.

So very happy! Congratulations to everyone!! :)