Arabic A1 sl self taught:7

English B hl:7

Chemistry hl:7

Biology hl:7

Math sl:7

History sl:5

Tok/EE:B/C

so 39+1=40

Diploma awarded (best two words I have ever heard)

November 2011

Physics sl (certificate):7

Congrats to everybody who got what they wanted; and for those that were disappointed, it isn´t the end of the world.

Haha, I feel like so many History SL students (myself included) do not prioritize the subject. In my school all serious history students choose HL, and the science minded people choose SL for an easy ride. I got a 5 on my exam and someone told me that my overall results were very good, but that they just couldn't help but stare at the 5 in history.

Congrats on all of your 7s!

I'm glad to see everyone with such high scores. But I, on the other hand, am in a more dreadful situation. My scores are beyond lack-luster and I couldn't believe it when I saw them. I keep refreshing and hoping maybe something was wrong, but nothing has changed. I know many say it's not the end of the world, but I'm going to get probably no credit, and wanted to be one of the few to get a diploma at our school (low resource public school with no funds to even sustain the program, historically after 4 years and about 70 students, only 4 have gotten the diploma.) not for entitlement, but to prove what could come from a little public school. I guess I was wrong for caring so much and trying so hard when I had numerous classmates who didn't. Sorry to spoil your thread considering everyone else has passed with such nice scores, but I just....I just tried so hard and NONE of these scores make since to me, nor do they accuractely reflect my performance as a student.

English A1 HL - 3

Spanish B SL - 4

History HL - 3

Chemistry SL - 3

Math Studies SL - 5 (I got a 19/20 on my IA for crying out loud! And I knew every single question on that test!)

Music EE - C

Music HL - 3

TOK - D

Total points 21 -_-, Diploma not awarded. Biggest in my entire life.

Edit: And I had a previous account that for some reason I can't access.

It's okay :console: As long as you tried your best! That's all that matters! Congratulations though! :) You're done with IB and don't be too hard on yourself! :hug:

• Like 3

May 2012

Arabic A1 sl self taught:7 (misprint, actually 6)

so 39+1=40

November 2011

Congrats to everybody who got what they wanted; and for those that were disappointed, it isn´t the end of the world.

Uhm, isn't that 41 points?

No, 40, 41 was due to misprint

May 2012

Arabic A1 sl self taught:7

so 39+1=40

November 2011

Haha, I feel like so many History SL students (myself included) do not prioritize the subject. In my school all serious history students choose HL, and the science minded people choose SL for an easy ride. I got a 5 on my exam and someone told me that my overall results were very good, but that they just couldn't help but stare at the 5 in history.

Congrats on all of your 7s!

Yea; should´ve convinced my principle to have physics in the diploma; then it would´ve gone much better

• Like 1

Is it possible to know your exact mark total?

You mean in each paper? Yes, the grade breakdowns show how many marks you got in each paper of each subject (and EE/TOK).

How do I get the grade breakdowns?

Your school's coordinator will have them in a few days. You can get them from him/her.

I know I scored a 82% in math HL my teacher told me! I'll get the component grades on monday.

And your point is...?

Is it possible to know your exact mark total?

You mean in each paper? Yes, the grade breakdowns show how many marks you got in each paper of each subject (and EE/TOK).

How do I get the grade breakdowns?

Your school's coordinator will have them in a few days. You can get them from him/her.

I know I scored a 82% in math HL my teacher told me! I'll get the component grades on monday.

And your point is...?

Thank Econ. Do you know when they release the mark boundaries?

When you get the component grades, the coordinator will have the grade boundaries as well so definitely in less than a week.

Those are already out! I know physics HL TZ2 was 64% for a 6! Coz a friend of mine got exactly that and he said someone else got 63% and it was a 5!

This doesn't mean the schools have the grade boundaries. You can just guess around what percentage the grade changes.

Have they been set? Of course. Quite a while back. Otherwise how would they establish the students' grades? This doesn't mean the schools know them already.

Am I the only IB student in the world who does not have their grade awarded for HL History? I am getting paranoid now

What do you mean? Does it show an 'N' instead of a grade?

No it shows a P and my school has never had this happen before.

P means that the grade is pending. Tell your coordinator to call the IBO offices asap.

When I said I got 82% I was trying to say that your mark is already available to your school so you can go and find out or call, so thats my point! I didn't get what you meant by point I actually thought the grade! And yes they issued the boundaries to my school as well, as soon as I find out I will post them. I'm trying to help and if it sounds like anything else I am sorry!

When I said I got 82% I was trying to say that your mark is already available to your school so you can go and find out or call, so thats my point!

The overall percentage is available to the teachers but the other user had asked for the marks awarded (I assumed on each paper/IAs) which aren't available yet and students have to wait to get the component grades. That percentage doesn't tell you much by itself.

Polish is the worst. Out of all subjects I fear it the most, although I do SL as well.

I have this impression that the examiners are way more strict than those of other languages...

But, wow, congrats! :)

It sure is! No one at my school got a 7 in that... even though I was predicted one. :)

MAY 2012 ENGLISH A1 HL 5

MAY 2012 JAPANESE B SL 4

MAY 2011 BUS.& MAN. SL in ENGLISH 6

MAY 2012 HIST.EUROPE/ME HL in ENGLISH 6

MAY 2011 PHYSICS SL in ENGLISH 4

MAY 2012 MATHEMATICS EE in ENGLISH A

MAY 2012 MATHEMATICS HL in ENGLISH 6

MAY 2012 THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH A

I pride myself on math, and while I'm a tad disappointed that I didn't get a 7, it's okay because my school tends to do terribly at HL Math. I had to study quite a bit on my own, and I still get the same credit as if I got a 7.

I don't think I deserved my A on the Extended Essay, however. It's full of typos and mathematical errors. It's also a rather basic topic that I didn't realize was part of the syllabus (the part on Euler's Identity, at least): functions of complex numbers.

Also, I resorted to writing random phrases in Japanese, and so did everyone else at my school who wasn't a native speaker. We should have been offered the Ab Initio exam.

Edited by Dinstruction

I didn't do the Diploma but I took a lot of IB classes for certificates!

IB English A1 HL-5

IB Economics SL-4

IB French B SL-4 (thought I got higher than this....)

IB Biology HL-4 (see comment for French)

I took IB Psychology SL last year and got a 6.

Edited by keepxdreaming:)

MAY 2012 BIOLOGY SL in ENGLISH 7

Biology was the only exam I took this year since I was in IB Y1 but was allowed to do so since I had an extremely rich biology background. Pretty excited about my result.

Woah, congrats! I was pretty disappointed with my grades, especially bio. :/

But I made my uni offer, so who cares!