Anyone tried pulling an all nighter?

scstdnt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't sleep anymore so it does not matter much. Every night is an all nighter for me. Saturdays and Sundays I can't sleep either. It's like i'm running on some weird I.B. clock lolz.

But I get super energy throughout the day so it's not a big deal.

Plus, I do my best work at night.

And I laughed when I saw this thread. All nighters or going to bed very late are normal things for I.B. students. lolz

Sleep is a nonexistent word in the I.B. students vocabulary.

Wow, I can't imagine pulling an all nighter. Probably the least amount of sleep I've gone on is 4 hours. Unfortunately, I just crave sleep to the point where anything less than 7 hours is painful. I get grouchy, rude, and miserable, with a splitting headache all day. :yawn: I think I have an abnormally high need for sleep. Anyone else like me? Or am I just a weakling? :)

• Like 1

I feel like if I'm sleeping, I'm slacking. For real. When I get more than four hours of sleep, I'm just being a spoiled, procrastinating baby. I run on power naps and caffeine. It would help if the due date of some huge project weren't always in sight. My teachers need to do some more collaboration or something, because in one week, a Math Portfolio Task, the History IA, a TOK Oral, a Music Composition, and two English essays were due.

I did this terrible mistake when i tried to pull an all nighter last year during our pre-ib end-of-year Exams. it worked great, but i figured out that it didn't work for the following days because i just felt like i would drop dead everywhere i would go, hence my performance level went down to zero, and did really poorly on those exams but i somehow managed to pass them :blink:

i'm not a fan of caffeine and i rarely drink coffee. I'm sure you can pull at least 5 all nighters in a row with the help of it, but there are also downside effects of it (shaking hands, oversensitiveness) so i wouldn't really recommended to do that, but....what the hell, it's IB after all. Probably this will turn out to be my Last Resort plan when it comes to IB exams. I just hope i won't pull all nighters on regular basis ^_^

I did not do it tell now, and if i need i do not know if i will be able to sustain, but if i need it do much then my plan will be:

Come back from the school, sleep for about 3 hours , then pull an allnighter, but to stay up without an hour of sleeping is an difficult thing.

I dont think Ive ever truely had an all-nighter. Ive had nights where I get like 1-2 hours of sleep max but I think thats it.

I do find it suprising that I havent had like a real break down because of my uber whack sleeping schedule. Suprised but relieved, oh so relieved, that is until it comes creepingon me when I least expect it then BAMB it'll get me.

I hope im not the only one like this but does anyone else seem to do somewhat better with less sleep? Than normal I guess I should say.

There have been rare, very rare, days when I get more than my average 5ishand I just cant seem to function at all. On the other hand if I get less than my 5ish hours I seem to be a'ok or better than normal that is until I get in the car and am on the way home, I usually am knocked out by then.

Weird stuff, very wierd stuff that this loving program does to us.

I don't EVER sleep very much. You all should google the Uberman sleep schedule. I tried that... but people kept interrupting my naps.

The basic idea of the thing is that rather than sleep in one big chunk at night, you take small naps throughout the day. It's quite nice, but it doesn't mesh well with our society's perception of time.

So to actually answer the original question, yes, I have pulled many an all-nighter in my time, and I do believe I'll do one tonight.

Has any IB student pulled an all nighter, or close to one?

The latest I've slept was 6:00 am, to complete an IA.

My last history IA was written in the few hours the night before. Luckily we had a delay due to snow but that still only gave an hour of sleep :) you'll learn how to balance your time, don't worry.