Anyone tried pulling an all nighter?

scstdnt

• 3 weeks later...

Never pulled one, don't plan to.

As long as I manage my time well, don't procrastinate or get distracted, I should be ok. I'm generally good at being organised.

I actually get my 8-9 hours of sleep per night, and hopefully it can stay that way.

Although, I'm only in IB1, so maybe it'll change in IB2. I do aim to get at LEAST 6 hours of sleep per night, though preferrably as much as I'm getting at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah.. no one :D

I've had a couple in the last year: three for math portfolios, one for my EE, and one for physics labs.

I've been trying to pull one more today to revise some more physics... but I give up. There's something after 1.am here and I'm going to sleep.

Good night everyone ;)

I've had so many all-nighters that I've lost count already. My Maths pratice IA, English IOP, mock exams... They're awful. The day after an all-nighter, I always go to school like a walking zombie and end up dozing off in class.

The reason for all-nighters is always bad time management, so these days I try my best to keep on track with my work. I make sure not to put myself in the situation where I have to pull an all-nighter to make a deadline.

My sleep varies. I try to get to bed by 11-12PM every night depending on my workload. Every morning, I get up at 6-7AM. 6AM when I want to do some studying before school, and 7AM when I want some extra sleep.

• 2 weeks later...

Well now that I've been done with all my IB exams for about a week I can say I've slept a lot more (9+ hours) than I did during the exams, but even during the exams I tried to sleep at least 6 hours and I did :angel: . Never had to pull an allnighter during the whole two years of IB. I always try to manage my time so that I'm done with everything latest at 23:00 and if I go past that I'm probably so tired that I'd need to do energy drink or coffee to stay focused. Don't find it to be a particularly useful state especially when it counts for your grades. Somehow I just managed to push myself to start things well before the deadlines for the more major stuff like math portfolios, EE, ToK essay, IOP/IOC etc. :)

And having done my EE on REM-sleep in relation to cognitive information processing, I can say that psychological and scientific research suggests that sleep is highly essential for learning :D So it's a good idea to sleep before your exams.

Edited by ocfx

Well, you must be a very responsible, sensible and hard-working person :)

I'm not and I leave every little thing to do for the last possible moment before the deadline... and it's a miracle that I've had only a couple of all-nighters in my IB-life

hahaha my parents would kill themself laughing if they saw this...especially at the hard-working part...im a sloth! lol i also leave things to almost the last minute so its wierd that ive never had an all nighter..haha :)