Anyone tried pulling an all nighter?

scstdnt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

To be honest, I haven't reached that stage yet of ultra zen like status, but I nearly did during my maths type I IA, which was due today at 3:30 (I stayed up till 11:40 the night before- which isn't really late, and spent my lunch break typing away furiously, we had an annoying Higher education day!!). Luckily, I finished typing it up and handed it in......I hope I did reasonably well.

November was all nighter gallore for me - with IAs and french orals... January was hell and the next month, redrafting my EE, TOK and revision will be the death of me... Anyone else promising themselves to be on top of their work and all nighterless at uni? Haha

i sleep max 4-5 hours a day...its awful!but cant to anything about it..

Every school day? You serious?! That's crazy...It's probably really bad for the body.

What subjects do you take?

Scientists actually say that you should have 4-5 hours of sleep per day. People who slept for that long 50 years ago have lived longer than people who sleep for 8-9 hours. It's a common misconception, but it's actually recommended that you sleep for around 5 hours every night.

All-nighter - nothing new.. I had one just two weeks ago to finish my IA in Language A1 HL. Started at 00:00, finished at 07:30 and went to school for some seven more sleepless hours. I have to say I felt kind of energetic while at school, but the moment I touched the bed I passed away for about 12 hours. :D

Oh...I have tried.....and succeeded....MANY times!!

I didn't sleep at all almost every night before the deadline for any of the IA...I pulled an all nighter for the EE, the TOK essay, the lab reports, the economic commentaries and the math IA.

I seem to only be able to work under pressure and I always start early and try to finish before the due date but it never works for me and I end up stuck the night of the deadline, pulling my hair, drinking lots of coffee and working....

It's no longer a big deal for me, I don't sleep, go to school the next day, act super hyper and crazy then go home and sleep till the next day.

The thing that is much worse than an all nighter is sleeping for like 3 or 4 hours for like 4 days in a row!

Edited by n0urhan

It can be deadly, but biologically speaking it should work especially for morning exams!

Your body releases a chemical in the morning as a mechanism to no sleep, in order to keep you awake.

Ever stay awake the whole night and then you have a crap load of energy the next day? this is why :)

I think the adrenaline rush before the exam would wake us up anyway. :D:)

Hmm... my body should release this chemical on demand.

You can prob teach yourself to make that happen. I've had to teach myself to self-induce adrenaline rushes--out of everything in my life right now, IB is deff not on the top of the list of what burns my energy lol--and it is absolutely amazing. Seriously, try it, it will change your life. Good luck :D

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who is actually concerned about their studies, has a strict teacher or IB-coordinator and just realizes the unfinished essay too late has pulled an all nighter. But I took this to the extreme when I was finishing my IA's for some of the subjects and reversed my biological clock for almost a week so that I slept after I got home from school to wake up after midnight to study all night and then go straight to school. It is very useful because you get the required sleept and during the night there is just no distractions (unless you go find them especially from YouTube or something). Most friends are sleeping and parents are not up to come distract you. Perfect schedule.

It is not good for social life so don't extend it for too long! But definitely works in short term! Try it out. :D