Anyone tried pulling an all nighter?

scstdnt

No, least I've slept was 4 or 5 hours but I don't do that anymore. I value my sleep!

There was one time where I had like half an hour of sleep but that was before IB and it was due to travelling, not school work.

I get like 7-8 hours of sleep now.

Ironically I did when trying to finish possibly the easiest task during the IB, the Math Studies IA... It took a bit longer than expected, I left it for the night before the dl and well, it was surprisingly time-consuming (I had like.. 11 pages of data). Another time was when I desperately tried to make improvements on my EE the night before - and I am still pretty sure I only made it worse. I refuse to take a look at it anymore, I don't even want to know.

Bottom line: don't. It might work for IAs and stuff if you manage to keep yourself concentrated but we all know that a good night's sleep probably enhances your exam performance better than cramming.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I work better when I haven't slept in a while. It's strange, but I've heard the logical part of the brain works better when you're under stress. So.. yeah, my math portfolio was done the night before its due, I went to bed at 6, got up at 8 and went to school late :P Even on weekends I use the day time to procrastinate and do everything at night! I wake up early and try to keep on doing stuff. Allnighters are essential, I'd say.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...