Anyone tried pulling an all nighter?

scstdnt

• 1 month later...

I haven't started my IB yet, but you guys are freaking me out man :bawling:

I love sleeping more than anything and I'm kind of lazy too. I get headache, if I sleep less than 7 hours.

Holy S''T :blink: less than 5 hours average :o .

Hope me BEST seriously :no:

I haven't started my IB yet, but you guys are freaking me out man :bawling:

I love sleeping more than anything and I'm kind of lazy too. I get headache, if I sleep less than 7 hours.

Holy S''T :blink: less than 5 hours average :o .

Hope me BEST seriously :no:

Well the ideal student does not procrastinate and will therefore pull no all-nighters...

Not many of us are ideals students XD

My first all nighter was from a math portfolio, no sleep for 2 days (except there was one hour in the middle)

Almost pulled another doing a physics IA...

Don't worry, it will come naturally, and you will be ready for it! Good luck!

• Like 1

I never pulled one yet but I almost did.

I had a quiz on Parts I and II of Crime and Punishment once in my English class. This must have been around February or so. Like a good IB student I put it off until the night before the quiz. But that was before I knew how long and difficult it was to get through! It had ~180 pages in Parts I and II. I stayed up until like 3am to read, then woke up at 5am to finish reading, then had my mother drive me into school instead of catching the bus (giving me an extra 45 minutes to read) and then finished it in my first class of the day (German) when the teacher wasn't looking lol. English was my third class of the day. Then I had to struggle to stay awake the whole day.

Did I learn my lesson? Nope, because I did it again with Chronicle of a Death Foretold XD

But then I did learn my lesson and actually read the next novel on time.

IB has taught me that I love sleep and pulling near-all-nighters makes me feel like a zombie.

Edited by emyski

I've pulled a few all nighters, and mum hasn't let me stay home from school to sleep for any one of them -_-. That MIGHT be because she thought I was asleep though :P. These have only been for crazy, big assignments, because our school is usually okay with us handing it in during the day, or after school not necessarily in that lesson.

I try not to do it much, and instead try skipping lessons to finish assignments. It's bad, and I do try and organise my time better, but sometimes that just doesn't happen. All part of the fun, fun, fun IB experience :P

I don't think I ever compromised on sleep except one memorable occasion. I woke up at 6AM on Saturday morning and continued writing like a madman until 11AM on Sunday morning the weekend before my EE was due. That was the first and only time I ever pulled an all nighter during the IB. Otherwise I usually went to sleep around midnight and woke up at 8AM, a good eight hours of sleep is necessary to focus in school.

With only about 3 months left of our dear friend the IB, I can proudly say that I have not yet pulled an all nighter and do not intend to! I can't function at all without sleep, and it's amazing what you can acheive in a few hours intense work compared to shoddy work when you are a zombie at midnight. I struggle if I have less than 8 hours sleep - the boarding house makes us wake up at 7am so that means if it reaches 11pm, I close down what I'm doing and just go to bed :) It's so much more beneficial than zombie working! :D

• 2 weeks later...

without sleep for 7 days straight

lived on energy drinks

then another 7 days a week later

= chronic fatigue

do not try

But you, have some kind of mental disorder hhahahaah :P

I have. Don't know how many times but they were all in single and separated moments so I can't really remember them because what matters to me is to get the work done properly and with good quality :)

All nighters are nothing! The real challange is multiple in a row, like this beastie I had to do:

Wake up 6:30am.

School 8:30 - 3:00

Physics lab 3:00-9:00

English paper 9:00pm till 6:30 am (day 2)

6:30 - 7:45 eat

School 8:30 till 3:00

new english paper 3:00pm- 11:00pm

Chem Cram: 11:00 till 4:00

5:00am go for ealy breakfast with friends who just did the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I didn't sleep more than 4-5 hours a day either, now I do coz I have exams and my exam schedule is better than my school one. But I didn't sleep that much because I was always online, using the Internet. Don't copy me. My 2nd WL was handed in 3 months after everyone else's in my class, and my work was always late. But my English teacher understands that that's just how I am biggrin.gif I'm always late to school too.

wow im not the only one....ps i once did two all nighter in a row....it took 2 gal. of coffee....(never doing that again...i was like a chipmunk that drank energy drinks..i couldn't sit for more then 5 min without going crazzy...bad idea)