Anyone tried pulling an all nighter?

scstdnt

Hmm, I think my worst was 1.5 hours of sleep. The terrible thing is that first think in the morning is History HL so I couldn't concentrate in that class. Now all the IAs and big papers are done, so hopefully an all-nighter won't be necessary again.

I think all-nighters are avoidable, though. If you work a little bit every day up to the deadline, it's completely avoidable. I avoided doing that for my History IA by meeting small internal deadlines beforehand.

• 6 months later...

I slept for 45 minutes and went to school after reading nine chapters of Innocents Abroad, a Bio Lab, HOA hw, Anthro hw and additional reading. I went to school after drinking a crap load of coffee, went to school overly energetic and then crashed during lunch.

All-nighters have become a natural occurrence in my life. I think the maximum hours I sleep in a day is 3-4 hours. On a really really good day I can sleep at 12.

I just pulled an all-nighter on Sunday. Stellar Numbers lol ;)

While I've pulled many all-nighters, the most stressful one I had was the day when I turned in my Psychology IA last year.

I have a personal moral that I have to let myself put as much effort into a big project as possible. I do this in case of the worst possibility, since I would rather say I gave my best efforts, than contemplating on what I "could" have done. If I work hard on something and do poorly, oh well then that area really isn't one of my strengths, and yes it will make me feel really glum for a while.

What would be even worse would be thinking of what was possible for me, and not taking that chance, which would be even more torturous.

Edited by JoeGuff

• 3 weeks later...
Guest IMBATMAN

Just pulled my first all-nighter yesterday! :)

I drank about 2 gallons of coffee, trying to stay awake!

Have you ever pulled an all-nighter, and what were you doing?

I was doing an English essay I procrastinated on :P

Edited by Jphu8414

I've never had to do one for work. Or rather, I've had times when I could've done one in order to finish work but chose to sleep anyway. It's easier to BS as to why your printer stopped working than it is to not sleep.

Can't go without sleep :D

Only ever pulled all-nighters at parties and such waiting (very grumpily) for the Underground to re-open. Then slept my life away the next day in protest. I'm really not cut out for staying awake. Lame but true :P