Anyone tried pulling an all nighter?

scstdnt

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was really reluctant to get help for my math IA, but come the night before it was due I finally got help. I really under estimated the amount of work that went into it... Started around 9:00 pm and worked around the clock to finish at 7:00 am. It was a neat experience, got to watch the world wake up around me, birds start singing around 4:00... But the rest of the day was wired as I was so tired...

I think the longest I've ever stayed up (for IB purposes, not generally :P) was 3.30, to finish my Maths Type I, and not because it was due the next day, but because I couldn't look at it anymore and wanted to get it over with. I'm nearly done with the IB and all nighter-free. Perfectly possible.

Guest Positron

I have pulled an all-nighter a couple of times, but not because of IB. Once or twice I've had to stay up until about three am to finish my work, but those were because of general laziness/procrastination/leaving things to the last minute, so not because of IB really. It's not the IB that's the problem, but the IB students' horrible study habits. :P

Edited by Positron

• 4 weeks later...

I have never tried to pull an all-nighter, ever, and I am not going to try.

I suppose all-nighters reduce my efficiency because I know that I will have time to do this later, hence I procrastinates a lot if i am to do all nighter,

but seriously, DO NOT try to pull an all nighter, it's not worth it

Guest Fiorella

Before doing the IB, I thought I would be crazy to try to pull an all-nighter...oh lord, I was so wrong! haha. But honestly, it's mainly because of my bad habit of procastinating which is ironically common amongst IB students :P I've only pulled 2 or 3 all-nighters these two years though!

I had but only during my math exams. I used to study at 3 am and also used to wake up at 5. I find it refreshing. No marriage bands ( surprisingly all the marriages used to happen during the exams and the sound of the music drives me nuts.) I am trying to pull one because I find solace during night and it is a peaceful time to study.)

• 2 weeks later...

Did it once in yr 1, and 4 times in yr 2 so far.

But there's been whole monthes where I sleep at 6 am and wake up at 7:15 am.... JK I take a nap from 4 pm to 10 pm... I probably get more sleep than most of you :P

But I did pull those all nighters.

** Oh, idk about you, but my school does a thing where they have all the IB teachers "accidentally" put due dates and exams in the same week. IB is like... bipolar. One week it's chill, another week ... let's just say during this journey, sometimes I wished I was dead.
But on one of the most ridiculous weeks, we had 2 Bio IAs, Biology test, 2 Chem IAs, one Psych Midterm, English IOC, and Math test (no joke, guys, it was that bad), 2 of my classmates didn't sleep for over 50 hours.

Edited by Da Wong

I stayed up around 50 hours this one time. I had to turn in my Math, Business and History IAs in the same week (go procrastinating, eh?). Single all-nighters are so common it's not even funny anymore.

I've managed to avoid pulling complete all-nighters throughout the IB due to school work, but on more than a few occasions I've gone to bed at something like 3.30-5am to wake up at 6am or slept for a few hours during the day and then crammed all night until a mock exam in the morning. This "nap-to-a-work-night" strategy is sort of treacherous as it will repeat itself until you can turn it around in peace and quiet as there is not enough time to waste on being incapable of concentrating during the time after one mock when the next one is the day after, meaning that you might go through a whole work week on it :D managed to avoid it during finals though.

Actually the only two whole all-nighters I've pulled during the IB are the night between a Sunday and a Monday when on a "seminar" cruise that lead to booze during IB2, and Super Bowl during IB1. So, not work-related, but I'd anyway say that all-nighters are not exactly worth it unless absolutely necessary.