Extended Essay

Survival Robot

• 1 month later...

Any ideas for a French B topic? :]

Nope. You're required to come up with your own ideas for your EE. With a language B EE, you can write on either the language itself, the culture, or the literature, so choose one of those areas and start looking at things that interest you. Once you come up with topics yourself then we can give you feedback. But we won't do the thinking for you.

Zeroless systems: the investigation of mathematics without the finite quantity of zero.

I wish I had more that 4000 words...but alas, the basics took too much space to cover.

Should I create a blog that records further studies on zeroless systems that are out of the scope of the essay and put the link in the EE in an appendix?

Zeroless systems: the investigation of mathematics without the finite quantity of zero.

I wish I had more that 4000 words...but alas, the basics took too much space to cover.

Should I create a blog that records further studies on zeroless systems that are out of the scope of the essay and put the link in the EE in an appendix?

Put in on a blog online just so I can see it :P Don't mean to threadjack, but it sounds like it might be interesting to see what happens when you have no additive identity...

I`ll post it after I hand the thing in (so IB examiners don`t think I`m going to depend on it to carry more info).

I`ll tell you this. If you give me a data table, so various x, y-values of either y=kx^n or y = kn^x, where k and n are constants,

I can theoretically approximate those constants k and n.

Would an EE about human evolution do alright without primary data despite what it says in the guide?

Probably not. If the guide says that primary data is necessary in order to do well, handing in an EE without following the rules will cause you to do poorly.

So mine is in english A1 and I don't know if it's okay. I was wondering if you could tell me if I need to tweak it a bit. I have two so far, but I don't know if they would make me start talking about the movement rather then the literature.

How did Charlotte Perkins Gilman use symbolism in her short stories to empower females?

and

To what extent are the short stories of Charlotte Perkins Gilman promoting feminism.

If I could I would rather talk about the 2nd question since it seems easier to do, but would it be possible? As long as I stay in the text and find specific examples to support it?

And should I do specific ones and not just short stories?

I'm not really sure if my topic is good enough, but I really would like to write about it, because I'm living in this city at the moment:

Topic: Householdwasteconcepts in international comparison

Question: How does Bagalore combat the emerging householdwaste disposal with a comparison to an industrialized country like Germany?

I hope it falls under the environmental essay...

So mine is in english A1 and I don't know if it's okay. I was wondering if you could tell me if I need to tweak it a bit. I have two so far, but I don't know if they would make me start talking about the movement rather then the literature.

How did Charlotte Perkins Gilman use symbolism in her short stories to empower females?

and

To what extent are the short stories of Charlotte Perkins Gilman promoting feminism.

If I could I would rather talk about the 2nd question since it seems easier to do, but would it be possible? As long as I stay in the text and find specific examples to support it?

And should I do specific ones and not just short stories?

Hi!

I'm doing (or did) my EE in English A1. I'm not familiar with Charlotte, how many short stories does she have? I think choosing two-three specific short stories would be ideal, or more depending on how short they are because from what my EE supervisor told me the examiner that receives our EE's has to read all of the works we comment on - And if Charlotte has a million short stories it will be too general and it will definitely cause you to lose some points.

I think you can do the second RQ especially if you think it's easier but you have to remember that this is an essay on literature, and one of the biggest problems with language A1 EE's from what I have been told is that they focus too much on socio-political topics or sociology etc. You would do well to read a few excellent EE's e.g the infamous one regarding the empowerment of the female in the Lord of the Rings. They are inspiring and set a high standard, but at the same time they tell you exactly what the examiners want.

Good luck!