Extended Essay

Survival Robot

My school's just started the whole EE process and I'm absolutely stumped on my questions. So far, my history teacher has laughed at my ideas. I wanted to investigate the possible causes of the Trojan war and when I told him this, he laughed at me.

But I think I've finally figured out what I wanna do, I was thinking of doing a question like: Did the turn of the century and introduction of new ideologies cause the failure of the Qing and Romanov dynasty?

I'm not a huge fan of both topics. But i do cover Chinese history and a little on the russian revolution. Im really not sure if this would be a good enough question. I'm open to suggestions pleasee!!!((:

I'm not sure about history, but would focusing on only Qing or Romanov give you a tighter paper?

Also, if possible, choose a topic that you like.

I agree. You should probably choose one of the two. I originally had two aspects I wanted to consider in my EE and I wasted an incredible amount of time on research before I realized they would not be able to fit within the word limit. It's better to be very specific and thorough, rather than not have enough space and be penalised because of not going into sufficient depth. I would suggest you choose a topic you somewhat enjoy, at least. Otherwise you will find yourself with no motivation to finish it, as well as risking a lower quality essay... Good luck! :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

My topic is: What are the Most Important Factors in the Consideration of the Adoption of a Global Language?

I'm calling this Social and Cultural Anthropology, but having not taken the class, I'm not sure about the appropriateness. Anyone who's taken(ing) it care to enlighten me a bit?

Don't you think this topic is too broad? Also, be careful the Ib says: Extended essays in linguistic anthropology are acceptable, provided that they demonstrate the student's ability to analyse language in its sociocultural context. Students interested in conducting a research project in linguistic anthropology should be warned that such research frequently presumes a background in both sociocultural anthropology and linguistics.

Try to narrow it down to a certain subgroup, let's say the important factors for mexican illegals in the US to adopt English. This is very very important.

I did my EE on SC Anthropology also without having taken it. My topic was: Do the churches at a small illegal shelter in Nicaragua respond to the social and economic needs of the habitants?

I'd say, as long as you examine closely what the IB says and what they expect you to know about SCA (read the Anthropology guide!) and get your theory very well together, you'll do fine.

My supervisor told me she expects an A, let's hope she's right :D

Edited by MP9

So my title page is: Greatest Form of Therapy For the Emotional Child Abuser: An Analytical Comparison of Six General Types of Psychotherapy.

My research question evolved from "What is the biggest reason for child abuse" to "What is the biggest reason for emotional child abuse" to my current question: What is the greatest form of psychotherapy to treat an emotional child abuser?

I'm writing my EE on physics and my research question is "What is the e/m ratio of the electron". I'm almost done with it, just the abstract, title page, acknowledgements, table of contents and bibliography left to do.

BTW. Hello all fellow former, current and becoming IBers!

Edited by elektron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine is on the effectiveness of the United States government in controlling the AIDS epidemic of the nineties...but I'm considering changing it maybe to the media influence on government response...I don't know haha. Is anyone else writing the abstract after they finish the bulk of their paper?

That sounds really good perhaps the media angle as that is really interesting and you would get great sources.

I want to do my ee in ancient history even though I do modern history im interested in ancient Rome Greece egypte mythology etc alex the great however i am having trouble choosing an aspect i do not need a topic really just an aspect for now or angle i can take

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Well right now, my class hasn't started the writing part of the E.E's yet. Still at the stage of deciding upon our ideas.

Mine is on History though,

Right now I'm thinking about doing it on China,

I wanna do something a little bit more provocative. So I'm thinking, my question is probably going to be something like

"To what extent was communism good for China?"

It'll be interesting to research :P

So AT LEAST, i chose my subject. It's English A2, i am a high level student by the way. I have the worst nightmare, whatever i chose is already taken or somehow someone else is using that book, its like every teacher is recommending the same subject. I have my deadline in a week so i am kinda losing it, but...