Extended Essay

Survival Robot

I am yet to do/plan mine yet. But I will be doing either a History or BAM EE.

BAM - something to do with marketing

HIS - wars/american history/new zealand history

The New Zealand part sounds cool :( If you choose that one please let me know what topic you decided on... I'm really curious! :(

My one is "How the ecology of a mountain changes as you go higher and how this relates to going further north inland" I forgot how I phrased it but it was much nicer than that, and the whole Essay is based on me climbing a mountain near where I live and comparing it to the general ecology of Spain. I think its quite original as nobody will be doing my specific moountain :( Tell me what you think

Awesome! I like the idea a lot. :( I do have a question, though: are you going to compare with all the different climate zones and ecologies of Spain, or...? In my recollection, Galicia is very different from e.g. Andalucía. Or is that part of it? Good luck anyhow.

can I do EE on other than the subjects that i'm learning now. I'm taking Maths, Biology, Chemistry (HL) and Business, English, Malay A1 (SL). seriously, i really want to do in history instead. Can I?

Yes, that shouldn't be a problem. You will have to find an adequate supervisor, though (a teacher from your school, maybe?) and I'd also advise you only to go through with it if you are very confident in the topic you are choosing. But other than that, good luck! What are you writing about?

• 3 weeks later...

My extended essay is English A1;

"How do George Orwell and Khaled Hosseini compare in terms of using the characters of O'Brien and Assef to reflect the destruction of human relationships in the context of authoritative influences?"

lol

First draft is due next Friday and I'm only in the middle of my intro. I'm screwed :P

My school's just started the whole EE process and I'm absolutely stumped on my questions. So far, my history teacher has laughed at my ideas. I wanted to investigate the possible causes of the Trojan war and when I told him this, he laughed at me.

But I think I've finally figured out what I wanna do, I was thinking of doing a question like: Did the turn of the century and introduction of new ideologies cause the failure of the Qing and Romanov dynasty?

I'm not a huge fan of both topics. But i do cover Chinese history and a little on the russian revolution. Im really not sure if this would be a good enough question. I'm open to suggestions pleasee!!!((:

English A1 HL

Economics HL

History HL

Biology SL

Malay SL

Math SL

My extended essay is English A1;

"How do George Orwell and Khaled Hosseini compare in terms of using the characters of O'Brien and Assef to reflect the destruction of human relationships in the context of authoritative influences?"

lol

First draft is due next Friday and I'm only in the middle of my intro. I'm screwed :yes:

No you won't! One week for first draft is pretty much enough.

Anyways... :blink: you can do it!

My school's just started the whole EE process and I'm absolutely stumped on my questions. So far, my history teacher has laughed at my ideas. I wanted to investigate the possible causes of the Trojan war and when I told him this, he laughed at me.

But I think I've finally figured out what I wanna do, I was thinking of doing a question like: Did the turn of the century and introduction of new ideologies cause the failure of the Qing and Romanov dynasty?

I'm not a huge fan of both topics. But i do cover Chinese history and a little on the russian revolution. Im really not sure if this would be a good enough question. I'm open to suggestions pleasee!!!((:

I'm not sure about history, but would focusing on only Qing or Romanov give you a tighter paper?

Also, if possible, choose a topic that you like.

I'm not sure about history, but would focusing on only Qing or Romanov give you a tighter paper?

Also, if possible, choose a topic that you like.

I agree. You should probably choose one of the two. I originally had two aspects I wanted to consider in my EE and I wasted an incredible amount of time on research before I realized they would not be able to fit within the word limit. It's better to be very specific and thorough, rather than not have enough space and be penalised because of not going into sufficient depth. I would suggest you choose a topic you somewhat enjoy, at least. Otherwise you will find yourself with no motivation to finish it, as well as risking a lower quality essay... Good luck! :blink:

Is this question all right, or is it too vague or subjective?

To what extent did the French nobility favor the Revolution?

Or I was thinking:

Was the French nobility betrayed by a revolution which it had helped to create?

But it sounds like there's something wrong with it, I just can't figure out what.

I think the first one's better, but I would like to know what everyone else thinks ^^

Edited by HSK

Or I was thinking:

But it sounds like there's something wrong with it, I just can't figure out what.

I think the first one's better, but I would like to know what everyone else thinks ^^

Maybe try rephrasing it to something including intent and consequence? That would make it seem less biased, I think.

Or I was thinking:

Maybe try rephrasing it to something including intent and consequence? That would make it seem less biased, I think.

Yes, that's the problem. I'm dropping the second one due to what you said, I can't see any way of fixing it. I guess that for the first one I would just replace 'favor' with 'support'. I'm not entirely sure..

My topic is: What are the Most Important Factors in the Consideration of the Adoption of a Global Language?

I'm calling this Social and Cultural Anthropology, but having not taken the class, I'm not sure about the appropriateness. Anyone who's taken(ing) it care to enlighten me a bit?

hii guys im new heree && this is my last year of IB

just wondering if uu guys cud help me with my topic choice... mine is something in intersex

do uu think it has been used already? because i read somewhere that uu have a greater chance of getting high marks if your topic is something that the markers have no idea of...

anywys cud u guys help me with this? thnkss a bunch :D