Extended Essay

Survival Robot

I did "Why did the Oslo Peace Accord fail to create peace between Israel and Palestine?"

It was actually pretty fun! Despite hours spent at the library, and frustration over deadlines... but I was finished in like August or something, and I didn't have to worry about it anymore! It was great :P

Ooh, the golden compass! Sounds like a very promising essay.

Also, I envy you faerie. I was working on my EE until pretty much the deadline. I ran into a lot of issues, and I procrastinated a bit too much. In the end, I'm happy with the end product.

Well my school makes us turn it in on like Aug. 20th. So I was done by September. Haha. I do know a couple of kids who were working up til they mailed the things...

mimii, I don't take psychology, but that sounds pretty good to me. As long as.. "agoraphobia" is not really boring that is.

My EE was on the Reichstag Fire :help: I think I did well. We'll see. I discussed the different theories and came to the conclusion that those Russians are bastards... They spread so much propaganda, some people still believe that it was a Nazi plot. Oh, well, at least I know who did it :argh: Van der Lubbe acted alone. He did it all himself. I think he was a pretty cool guy... too bad they hanged him.

I think the agoraphobia EE sounds good, never heard of one being done before on that. Whatever you do, don't do one in eating disorders. They're so common, my friend did one and her research question wasn't very original: "To what extent does the media influence the development of eating disorders?" Kind of an semi-obvious answer to that.

And I like the sound of the Golden Compass and The Magician's Nephew ones, I did mine on classical literature but modern would have been a lot more interesting. Apart from the fact that I don't like religion and its allegories/symbolism.

faerie, was the Israel/Palestine EE submitted under Peace and Conflict Studies? Lots of students in my school have written essays about similar issues, since I live in Jerusalem and a lot of them are Palestinians. Apparently a lot of them get A's, probably because they are able to have interviews with their grandparents and relatives that were all alive during the 1948 war and all the other ones following that.

Im thinking of doing mine in either Business or Biology, though not sure yet . and in need of advice. But im really more into biology than business. I am thinking on concentrating on botox and its effects and basically about botox. any advice ?

Science EE's without an experimental component usually score badly. How exactly would you test botox and its effects? Testing on humans or animals is generally not encouraged because of ethical considerations, and you would have trouble even getting any botox to use. Several people on IBS have written that they wanted to do an EE on DNA testing or evolution, but ended up changing their topic because it was only research and no experiments.

So I think you need to choose an area where it will be possible to do an experiment, and that area/experiment should be something that isn't obvious/done already. For example, don't do an EE on the effects of sunlight on plants. The results and conclusions are obvious. It can be an expansion on a topic, from an aspect that no one/hardly anyone has explored before.

Mine's in history, so far the question is: "How did WW1 contribute to the rise of "flapper fashion" amongst the women of America in the 1920s?"

My supervisor says i need to narrow it a little, but i'm not quite sure how to do that. Either way, it's turning out to be quite an interesting topic. :(

I just hope it hasn't already been done to death. :)

Economics: To what extent has the rising gasoline prices affected the demand for smart Fortwo's in Toronto?"

Generally a higher gas price would cause people to buy less cars, but its the opposite for smart cars. It was a very confusing and long essay to write :( .

Its good to get opposite result than u think of in the beginning. This actually shows that u did a good research and general predictions were wrong.

good job!!

i am thinking to write EE on eco and my topic could b" terrorism effect on tourism in India"

but it will giv me the same result as i predict that "yes" it certainly has effected....

but should i do it? :D

Want to share the title of your extended essay?

Or perhaps need help choosing one?

This is the place.

Psychology - The Psychology of Road Rage: A discussion of psychological explanations of road rage and policy implications.

My extended essay topic is History, "To what extent did internal divisions in the 1989 Beijing Student Movement lead to the massacre at Tiananmen Square?"

i'm actually not having too much trouble with this topic, but i'm fearing that my essay is too narrative...

i'm a junior and my first draft is due tomorrow

Its good to get opposite result than u think of in the beginning. This actually shows that u did a good research and general predictions were wrong.

good job!!

i am thinking to write EE on eco and my topic could b" terrorism effect on tourism in India"

but it will giv me the same result as i predict that "yes" it certainly has effected....

but should i do it? :D

Read this page: http://economicsontoast.blogspot.com/2007/...d-essay-in.html

If you can answer those 4 questions in bold text near the bottom, then your topic should be good. I think the most important part is collecting data.

I'm doing my extended essay in biology and I was wondering:

Is E. Coli excessively used in biology EE? Should I focus my study on Klebsiella instead if I have the chance?

Not that excessively, I don't think. Not many schools would have the equipment needed (e.g. autoclaves, incubators, inoculating loops, etc) to ensure the environment is completely anti-septic and controlled.

Not that excessively, I don't think. Not many schools would have the equipment needed (e.g. autoclaves, incubators, inoculating loops, etc) to ensure the environment is completely anti-septic and controlled.

That's why I'm not doing my experiment in the school lab. The equipement is very limited and that won't stop me from getting a good grade on my EE. Therefore, I'm doing my experiment in a lab which is better equiped outside the school! Haha

Hello, I'm new here so I can talk to others and gain help and advice from other IB Students.

My topic is on History:

Analyze the social and political impact of the Nigerian Civil War, 1967-1970.

I'm originally from Nigeria, but was born here in Florida, USA, so I thought this would be cool to research on.

I was also wondering if I should just focus my paper on just one impact, rather than two.

Thanks for your help guys. I'll be using this site a lot.

Hello guys, I kinda need help to make sure of something.

I was thinking and already researched to do an E.E about a potential herb to be use as a cure to treat a disease caused by fungus ( I don't know what was it called but in my placed its called "kudis buta")

So, I was thinking. Is this an Essay for Biology or Chemistry? I kinda got confused since it involved the enzyme and protein inside the herb and also the chemical inside it that can treat the disease. Therefore, can anyone help me out A.S.A.P? Thanks a bunch