Extended Essay

Survival Robot

this is the first year my school actually has the IB program meaning my graduating class is, unfortunately, the guinea pigs and therefore are not really sure how to tackle everything and/or anything.

also i am the ONLY one in 60 something students to pick a visual arts subject and as my school has no experience in judging what is a good subject or not i am just hoping for the best.

but now the due date is looming ahead and i am getting a tad bit worried, i need opinions, is:

"Sitting Pretty: Can Chairs be Considered Art? Analysis of Elements and Principles of Design and Architecture in Chairs."

a good subject?

The major problem with this topic is that is that it stradles two if not three subjects, Design technology and Visual art definitely and also philosphy, but considering I didn't take any of these subjects I would check with someone and the markschemes first before scrapping the subject all together because it sounds cool. Perhaps it would be good to choose one or two chairs to do this with.

The only subject that I have prepared a research question for is English and it's "To what extent did the language of the Hiphop culture affect American society?

I don't know if this research question is good enough. But I feel that since this is (right now) my only research question, I should stick to it.

Can anybody help me?

No way, it's way too broad. It's impossible to analyze how hiphop culture affects American society. The concept of American society is way too large for you to answer that question. How about "To what extent does the language used in hiphop culture have an effect on the language used by American youth?" It's still very broad, and I think it's impossible to answer that question. I think it would be a lot better if you did "To what extent did X influence the language used in hiphop culture?"

Thanks for your help Deissi! I have made up my mind and by trying to stretch the topic as far as I can, I came up with this new research question?

"How did the feud between the East side and West side rappers of America change the aspect of the hiphop culture during that time?"

May this be a suitable research question?

Thanks for your help Deissi! I have made up my mind and by trying to stretch the topic as far as I can, I came up with this new research question?

"How did the feud between the East side and West side rappers of America change the aspect of the hiphop culture during that time?"

May this be a suitable research question?

That's still pretty broad. Could you narrow it down to a few rappers, perhaps?

hey guys,

i am doing my EE on English A1. Do you think Pride and Prejudice would have enough important themes to talk about? i mean, it has alot of themes about class, and marriage, and of course "pride" and "prejudice" but would you be able to write 4000 words on it? i love the classics but something like.. A Dolls House or Hedda Gabler might be easier? as it has alot of symbols? what do you think?

thanks everyone :P;)

hello guys.. which is easier for EE topic? Chemistry or Physics?

Well.. I'm pretty much intrested in both at its engineering aspect, and any of you know what do they talk about in Chemical Engineering that could be used as EE topic? or any Mechanical Engineering?

I am really blank and my school is pretty much new too the Diploma programme..

hey guys,

i am doing my EE on English A1. Do you think Pride and Prejudice would have enough important themes to talk about? i mean, it has alot of themes about class, and marriage, and of course "pride" and "prejudice" but would you be able to write 4000 words on it? i love the classics but something like.. A Dolls House or Hedda Gabler might be easier? as it has alot of symbols? what do you think?

thanks everyone XD:P

Without any doubt you can write 4000 words on P&P (I did mine on it actually)! However I think the work is kind of overused so unless you find a very interesting angle I would go for another book instead.

I'm in IB1 and we got introduced to the EE's this week. We have more or less one month to choose what we are going to write about

I'm thinking of either Psychology,Chemistry or English Category 2(Culture/society)

I don't actually know exactly what I should write about in psychology. It's just that I find psychology very interesting.

In Chemistry, I want to write something that can be related to medicine/drugs but I don't know exactly what. Any suggestions?

The only subject that I have prepared a research question for is English and it's "To what extent did the language of the Hiphop culture affect American society?

I don't know if this research question is good enough. But I feel that since this is (right now) my only research question, I should stick to it.

Can anybody help me?

How interesting! I actually considered writing my EE on the exact same subject; however you need a looooot of insight and I found it quite hard to find research material.

I'm doing my EE in Physics.

I was thinking about something to do with the aeronautics, and the effect of air pockets on the flight of kites.

Or the extent of distortion of objects due to force applied.

Or something.

Are these appropriate topics?

I meant to ask my supervisor, but he's MIA. :help:

Edited by theblackraven

I'm doing on Chemistry HL

The Research Question is still under construction. But, basically I am doing research about the remaining water from washing the rice. The water is used to watered the plant. I use different type of rice to see which one is the most effective in plant growth. Pipe water is used as controlled. I just planted mung beans in a small round container with cotton.

Right now it is still in progress. have one more experiment to go. IB student out there.. Keep on going..

Question: "Education and ethnic clustering are the two main reasons why there are high concentrations of Asian population in certain suburban areas of Auckland, New Zealand." To what extent is this true?

Subject: Geography HL

Predicted grade: B

Word count: 3992

Edited by Forester

My question is: "Did the Vikings have any kind of concept for honour?"

Actually very interesting issue. I have only 2893 words at the moment, but I'll wrote more, because I have loads of stuff to write about. The current version was just a draft for my coordinator and supervisor, so that they know that I'm really doing something. :D