How many IB students are there in your class.

Hi everybody,

I would like to know whether how many students are there in your class. I have only 1 classmate (so that makes us only 2 students in IB 1 class and my seniors are just 5 ( and now they have left the school. I always feel very sad because there is only one classmate and IB tends to have many discussions ( it is boring and very stressful to discuss with only one student) and the discussions ends up with bitter fights and quarrels which may even last for weeks ( for many weeks we won't make any eye contacts nor talk to each other for weeks.) :bored: I am really curious to know whether how is it to have more than 2 students in class.

We are 100 in the second year and about 100 in the first year as well. So 200 in total. Pure IB school, no other school system.

I think my school is kind of an ideal IB-school since we have over 90 nationalities represented and lots of different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds just as the IBO would want it to be.

@akash jishnu: sad to hear that it can be like that. I can't really believe the quarrel thing though, seems very extreme to me. Discuss here on IBS; start some great discussions! You know, you can also discuss with non-IB students about the topics you have in class. I mean, if there are any non-IB Economics students for example you can discuss with them.

• Like 1

It varies because people take certain IB courses.

English HL ~ 17 people

Math SL ~ 7 people

Chem SL ~ 7 people

Bio HL ~ 7 people

Physics SL = 3 people (smallest class)

Full IB diploma students is like 4 people.

Very low this year, next year has a lot of kids.

From Year 11 to Year 12, many tend to drop out of IB and go into normal classes which I totally understand.

Edit - I think I should mention if its SL or HL.

Edited by RedTopHats

we are new at this whole IB thing so we have one class in IB1 and one in seniors,

our class is 9 people and we take Math SL, Business & Management SL/HL, Turkish A1 HL and English B HL together

we separate into two groups for the other classes my group is 4 people and we take Biology HL and Chemistry SL while the rest take TSS (turkish social studies) and Biology SL

its kind of confusing ...but, we manage :)

About 40 in our class and the IB1 is something around that also, I guess.

As to specific classes, it depends, for me the smallest group is Biology HL - 4 ppl including me, but we only have 2 hours, the rest 4 we are with SL group; the biggest would be Polish - 12(?) people.

Most of the school is in the normal programme.

We are 100 in the second year and about 100 in the first year as well. So 200 in total. Pure IB school, no other school system.

I think my school is kind of an ideal IB-school since we have over 90 nationalities represented and lots of different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds just as the IBO would want it to be.

@akash jishnu: sad to hear that it can be like that. I can't really believe the quarrel thing though, seems very extreme to me. Discuss here on IBS; start some great discussions! You know, you can also discuss with non-IB students about the topics you have in class. I mean, if there are any non-IB Economics students for example you can discuss with them.

Envy you much, the school must be great, I really 'wanted' to be there, especially because of the location ;p.

• Like 1

Total is around 30-35 I believe, and those are the students in IB1, not sure about IB2

Math HL : 5, might be 4 or 3 soon

Physics HL : 12 / 11

Chemistry HL : 13

Business HL : 14 / 13

Arabic SL : 12 / 11

English SL+HL (joined class, all SL students in IB1 are in this class + some HL) : 19, 6 of us are SL

Some numbers are not exact because I either forgot someone or I took into account people who may be dropping courses soon. Also, most of these classes have some certificate students who don't take the full diploma, who are not part of the 30-35

Edited by Meat
  • Like 1

well we have around 80-90 kids in the year who's doing IB and since our school is undertaking renovation, it basically meant that classes had to be squashed up together. It used to be just under 20 kids in every class but now it almost doubled and some poor unfortunate souls from year 8 has to go to a church on the street to do their music practice.

• Like 1

We will have around 16 or 17 kids... we started out with around 36. That is amazing that you only have one other person than yourself. The year above me has around 18 people, and i think that the current seniors total around 40, but the current freshmen have around 35. The coming up freshmen are supposed to be a lot in number, since we have been trying to advocate the program. They can find out what it is really like once they actually enroll in 11th and 12th :headchop::lies::shifty::clap:

• Like 1