How many IB students are there in your class.

I'm a Chinese student in the Highschool affiliated to Renmin University(RDFZ), International Course Center, 11th grade.

In this ICC, most are A-Level students. AP students are in another campus.

We are the first IB students, about 36, and we are in a class separated with A-Level students. All of us are doing the full diploma.

We are also the first public school in China that has IB course.

So lucky that we have Thursday afternoon off for CAS.

• Like 1

Mine class is like this

English Sl 1

English HL 1

Math HL 1

Math Sl 1 hl

Economics Sl 2

BNM 1

Chemistry 1

Physics HL 2

Hindi 1

French 1

So in conclusion most of the time I am the only 1 student in my IB 1 class attending lectures besides empty benches, staring at white board during lunch breaks, fighting with each other because of contradicting views, playing football with one classmate ( everyone laughs at our fate) and two of us attending CAS activities ( it is strange that only 2 people are going for social service, doing art CAS activities = to 10 people's work.)

So my message to you all is " I ENVY YOU GUYS"! :confused:

Mine class is like this

English Sl 1

English HL 1

Math HL 1

Math Sl 1 hl

Economics Sl 2

BNM 1

Chemistry 1

Physics HL 2

Hindi 1

French 1

So in conclusion most of the time I am the only 1 student in my IB 1 class attending lectures besides empty benches, staring at white board during lunch breaks, fighting with each other because of contradicting views, playing football with one classmate ( everyone laughs at our fate) and two of us attending CAS activities ( it is strange that only 2 people are going for social service, doing art CAS activities = to 10 people's work.)

So my message to you all is " I ENVY YOU GUYS"! :confused:

Seriously, that is pretty sad. I wouldn't want to be in your position. :surrender:

Our IB2 has 11 students, including one who came in our second year. So it's a bit like 10+1. Here's the subject breakdown:

English (SL + HL Combined) - 10

English (HL) - 1

Mandarin (Ab Initio) - 6

French (Ab Initio) - 5

Economics (SL + HL Combined) - 10

Economics (HL) - 6

Geography (SL) - 1

Biology (HL) - 3

Chemistry (SL + HL Combined) - 10

Physics (HL, no SL) - 8

Maths (SL) - 7

Maths (HL) - 4 {There was one lesson when I was alone}

TOK - 11

I actually kinda like this group size. Large enough for activities and CAS, small enough to be close to everyone. It's almost like a family.

We used to have 8 juniors, now 7. One music student, one physics student (used to be two), two geography students. The rest I'm not too sure. I only remember the 'special' ones with very few students.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH OH OH OH OH

This is unrelated but I want to point it out. :julie:

For our IB2, if we take the original 10 students (the pattern doesn't work if we take the other student into account, sorry), we get a bowling pin arrangement of EE subjects and TOK essay titles.

EE:

^ One Geography EE

^ ^ Two Physics EEs

^ ^ ^ Three English EEs

^ ^ ^ ^ Four Economics EEs

TOK:

^ One #1: In what ways may disagreement aid the pursuit of knowledge in the natural and human sciences?

^ ^ Two #5: "That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." (Christopher Hitchens). Do you agree?

^ ^ ^ Three #6: Can we know when to trust our emotions in the pursuit of knowledge? Consider History and one other area of knowledge.

^ ^ ^ ^ Four #3: "The possession of knowledge carries an ethical responsibility." Evaluate this claim.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:clap:(Y)XD

Edited by -._._.-
  • Like 2

There are around 30, 40 tops, senior students taking IB courses. Of those, only 4 are going for their Diploma (down from about 13 last year.) I know there's about 18-20 junior Diploma students right now which I assume will decrease, and I don't know how many Certificate students there are.

We have 33 people doing the IB.

My classes are:
English HL: 9 (used to be about 15 but they split it as it was a HL/SL class)
History HL (+SL): 9 (1 is SL so comes to some lessons but not others)
Geography HL (+SL): 11 (2 are SL so only go to SL content lessons)
Biology SL: 9
French SL (+HL): 5 (2 are HL so go to more lessons)
Maths Studies: 17 (they should have 2 sets really - some of us are only okay at maths, other dropped from SL)

Hey guys,

I would like to ask a question to you all. For Group 4 Project we are supposed to have minimum 3 students ( luckily we have collaborated with IB 2 class). If there is no students in the IB 2 class and there is 1 or 2 student in IB 1 class, I have heard it that in such cases we have to collaborate with other IB school. Is it true?

Wow...I never knew there were IB schools with so few students! I go to a big high school (about 4,000) with an IB small school within it. I think there's about 150-200 IB students in my year, with class sizes around 25-30. About half of us are full diploma candidates. Its great because there's a feeling of companionship among us, our teachers, and the coordinator, but its not cramped and we can get away with not doing our homework once in a while!

Our school has the option to do A Level (British Qualifications) or IB. IB are 32/150, and we do the full diploma.

Class sizes individually, differ.

HL Geog - 4

to

Maths -15 :)

I think the year above (the group just about to start exams) have about 18 - it really varies each year.