IB courses you wish you could have taken, but couldn't

JoeG

• 3 weeks later...

I would take Computer Science, a bunch of people and I requested for it but it was rejected because apparently the pass rate sucks!? -.-

Other than that probably Latin, Arabic ab initio or Japanese ab initio.

I also sort of wish I took Chemistry because my lack of it is hurting my admission to some unis faculties of sciences...

Edited by Garmr

Chemistry HL. In my school, chemistry overlaps with psychology, so in taking psychology, I had to exclude chemistry and took physics HL instead, and from what I hear from my science-fiend friends, Chemistry HL is some way easier than Physics HL, let alone if I had later swapped it to SL... I also found during the IB that I don't really give a damn about science and real success in the IB sciences would seem to require some personal interest along with skills in maths, which I pretty much used to do my sciences before the IB.

I would also have liked to do Computer Science and B&M, but neither course was offered at my school back when I started the IB, so I couldn't...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

History --> Mum thought I would turn into a terrorist if I learnt anything more about wars and stuff. (I wanted to be in the army/ police all my childhood and kinda still want to)

Hindi/Punjabi/Urdu or Arabic --> do a language B I'm fluent in (french is too hard)

Physics --> can't do 3 sciences :( I think I've betrayed this subject

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I feel lucky that my school offers many of the subjects people in other schools which they could take (such as Computer Science, ESS, Business, Econ, Music). Since I go to a large international school many subjects are offered and I like the combination of subjects I have chosen.

However, if I really had to pick maybe I would have chosen Arabic ab initio which isn't offered at my school. I want to lean Arabic but it's not offered at my school so I take French ab initio instead. But this is not a big deal as French is also quite useful and I like learning it.

• 5 weeks later...

IB Art - even through my school offers it, had to take 2 sciences for medicine

IB Psychology - Probably the only relevant one with medicine and the most interesting group 3 class, heard that it's easy. Just like sociology and philosophy, offered as Turkish diploma courses but not IB :dontgetit:

I also wish that IB had Sex Ed instead of TOK

Edited by ryuk1

So, I am going to take a different spin on this, classes I would take if I could take them:

Double HL Math

HL Spanish

HL French

HL Russian

HL German

HL English

HL History

HL Polish

HL Latin

HL Greek

HL History

HL Art

HL Music Theory

HL Chemistry

HL Biology

HL Lunch

HL Writing

HL Construction

HL Culinary

HL Firearm assembly

HL Archery/Target practice

HL Gym

HL CAS

So, I am going to take a different spin on this, classes I would take if I could take them:

Double HL Math

HL Spanish

HL French

HL Russian

HL German

HL English

HL History

HL Polish

HL Latin

HL Greek

HL History

HL Art