IB courses you wish you could have taken, but couldn't

JoeG

• 4 weeks later...

My school offers a lot of courses, but what I regret not doing (that I had the option of doing) is Chinese ab initio (probably going to learn this out of interest later in my life) and Biology HL instead of Physics SL. Psychology and Computer Science are subjects I wish I could have studied too (my school doesn't offer these).

Edited by dniviE

Latin!! I really wanted to take Latin (had done it for three years previous to doing IB) but no school in New Zealand offers IB Latin :( and it was apparently logistically impossible to do it by correspondence.

What? No IB Latin in New Zealand? Oh, silverykiwi, I'm doing Latin and I am enjoying it very much (just me, my friend and the teacher)! It's surprisingly fun - way more than English.

I would have liked to have taken a second second language (okay, a third language) of either Indonesian or Mandarin ab initio. And maybe Environmental Systems and Societies (ESS) just because it sounds quite quirky and like geology (though I would probably be disappointed).

Human rights and politics sound fascinating as well :)

And maybe I should have done music as well...

Oh well, it's too late! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, there are so many subjects I want to take!

Visual Arts

Social and Cultural Anthropology

Greek

World Studies

English Language and Literature (I have only literature :( )

Psychology

Environmental Sciences and Studies

Human Rights and Politics

Instead m stuck with:

English Lit HL

Economics HL

Business Studies HL

I dont mind my HL subjects I love dem but my SL are all horribly wrong for me! :hang:

Maths SL

Hindi SL

Biology SL

Edited by NewToIBDP

• 5 weeks later...
Guest HayashiEsme

Japanese B, Film Studies, Computer Science definitely! But my school only offers the generic variety (bit of a juxtaposition isn't it that), plus it's too small:( But we've got a nice community, so I guess I'll give it up for that