How Small Are Your IB Classes?

LewieV

I didn't realize that other IB schools actually got to pick their classes :\. Being in a small city with a generally small program, both the First and Second Year IBs all take the same subjects besides one SL option (Bio, Comp. Sci, or Music) and one normal high school credit. The three HL and other two SL are chosen by the school board.

In grade 9, we had over one hundred kids. Now we are down to 19 in grade 11 and I can see more dropping. The smallest class is Comp. Sci, which has two kids.....

In our entire school we only have 7 IB students, including myself. In 2 of my lessons i have them by myself. So pretty much a one on one lesson with my teacher. I love the fact my class is so small because it means we get more input from our teachers and its easier to go over things when you really dont understand.

I am not quite sure how many people we have for every class, but the whole IB generation is of 84 people, and we are not an all IB school, we started being 135 but a lot of people were kicked out and some others droped during the past two years.. however the class with less people is itgs (we are like 12) and the class with the most people is hl biology (like 65, lol)

actually this has been the year which had been more students, the may 2011 generation were of like 70 people, and the may 2013 generation started being smaller because the council increased the standards for accepting people into IB

the problem of being such a big generation is that we had some problems when trying to make our biology experiments for the IAs, because we were too many people and the space in the lab is relatively smaller, so the woman that helps us with that was going crazy

Edited by rosirosiful
  • Like 1

My school is a little funny when it comes to IB classes..

Math: we started off with 8 in September now we're 7.

Bio: 11 people, we started off with 10 and we had one transfer

History: 38

Spanish ab initio: 20

French(I am not in that): 3 people it is combined with the academic class (not sure how it works)

Chem: 7

English: 24

There were 34 people in Lit year II third hour, and I hated that so I switched out to the second hour class which only has 14 including myself. :yes: (Vast difference, huh?) The counselors are idiots and scheduled half of our AP/IB classes to run second or third hour, which means that everyone taking AP calc and IB lit HAD to take calc second hour and lit third hour.... that is why there is such a difference.

12 in Math SL

28 in TOK

15 in Chem SL

25 in Lit Year I