How Small Are Your IB Classes?

LewieV

Just wondering if everyone elses IB classes were as small as mine (doubted) but I went from:

6th: 49 to 7th: 47 to 8th: 45 to 9th: 18 to 10th: 17 and semi-sorta confirmed through text 11th: 14. I'm sure there are schools with like 7 or 8 out there. 6th was teh best :/

My class went from around 50 pre-IB students in grade 10 to around 20 diploma students at the beginning of 11th grade to 10 diploma students at the end of grade 12. My French SL class only had 4 students from my year in it, so we ended up combining with the 5 French SL students who were a year ahead of us to make an integrated French SL class, which worked out well for us because we got to anticipate the French exam instead of having to do all 6 subjects in our final year. The smallest actual class ended up being Chemistry; 3 HL and 4 SL students, also combined into one class.

We had about 25 people, although the year below us was smaller (11). It's not very popular... more so because it was run very badly. On the other hand we had a really good range of subject choices considering how minimal the year was, and there were three subjects run for just one student -- HL Physics, HL Music and HL Philosophy. Physics also had no SL students so the whole thing was a 1:1 experience. Terrifying! :)

Unless schools are 100% IB, cohorts tend to be pretty small from what I've seen. Unless the school is ace at teaching IB :)

Gosh you guys have small classes. My econ class has 36 people :) The smallest classes we have are HL physics and SL chem which both have about 10-12 people. My school refuses to run a class for less than 10 people -_____- But then again we have about 70-80 people in total in my year.

Edit: So far it's...

Econ SL: 34 :)

Chem HL: 13

Eng A1 HL: 18

Math SL: 13

Bio HL: 13

French B SL: Don't know yet :)

Edited by fire.realm

we went from a solid 40 pre IB sophmores to roughly 35 IB juniors.

we're now down to 33 (2 were kicked out for plagarism accusations. they're twins.... 1 dropped because she figured out how) IB seniors in my class, I don't know how many current IB juniors there are.

My school doesn't let people drop unless there's drastic reasons to drop.

We have a max IB capacity of 40 students.

For the graduating classes:

Total IB Students 2008: ~20

Total IB Students 2009: ~25

Total IB Students 2010: ~40 (about 7 dropped out)

Total IB Students 2011: ~30

Total IB Students 2012: (predicted - haven't started yet) ~70. Although, I don't think that's true and I think the school's trying to make people think that it's becoming the popular choice or something hahahahahahaha

My smallest class:Economics ~7 students (I could just count to figure it out, but I can't be bothered lol)

My biggest class: English ~17 students

But most of our classes are at least half the size of the 'QSA' (non-IB) classes :D

At another school near mine they only had like 5 people who did IB last year or something crazy like that. Ie: some classes had only 2 students! Private tuition anyone?

Well mine are:

English A1 = 4 Students

German A2 = 5 Students (Formerly 3 but the year below us now joined...)

Math SL = 12 Students (that's including 1 doing HL, it's also the amount of Students in my whole year :wub:)

Biology HL = 9 Students

Physics SL = 5 Students

Economics SL = 7 Students

I'm feelin' pretty damn small now :D!

Edited by Dee13

I have about 25 students in IB.....Total out of the 80 kids in my batch...

There about 22 in Math HL and 3 in English SL...rest have taken English SL

23 have taken Economics and 1 in ITGS (ME!).

Rest are about 5-6 students in each class.

Well my class relatively small. Total 22 students in my grade.

Math HL: 4 students

Physics HL: 3 students

Chem HL: 3 students

Chem SL: 2 students

Indonesian A1 HL: 1 student

Biology HL: 1 student

but for all subjects except Math, the HL and SL students are combined in 1 class. when the tcher is tching HL, the SL students are revising or doing work

I'm the only and I walk alone :yes:

It's my luck or fate, but I do not have any other student in my class at subjects (Even in TOK)

Hopefully, I have some 3 freshmen for TOK this year. I wish they can contribute some so that I can try to fill the big hole in knowledge interaction.

Out of curiosity, what is like for there to only be 1 student in a class? The number of juniors in IB are way larger than the numbers you are giving out, so I've never been in a class that only had a a few students. Does the teacher just directly try to explain everything to you, and is it easier to get help?