What Language B options does your school offer?

Vvi

IB in my school is tiny and since we live in a state that shares a border with a Spanish speaking country our only language offered is Spanish. I think they were going to offer French SL but there wasn't enough demand and with budget cuts they can barely do more than the minimum.

• 5 weeks later...

My school is very confusing when it comes to languages. I believe we only have ab initio and SL for each language. I'm not exactly sure why; I think it's an American thing. Something to do with how many levels are possible to be taught if each student is starting at Level 2 in 9th grade. I really want to take HL, so I guess I will have to see what happens when the time comes. Anyway... we have Spanish, French, Latin, and Japanese. We used to have German, but that was cancelled because not enough people were taking it.

I'm weird about languages; it's always been a dream to learn every language under the sun. I know it's not possible, but the thought still makes me happy. Seeing all the various languages you guys are offered makes me jealous. :lonely:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My school has French B, Spanish B, and German B, all offered at HL, SL, and ab initio.

The wierd thing though, is that they've mixed the classes together. So, for example my French class has both HL and SL students in it, while my friend, who is in SL, is mixed in with ab initio students. Quite an interesting setup.

Edited by pattrickk