What Grade Did You Get for Your EE?

Alix

I really don't know what to do for the EE. I chose English SL B , but I don't know what topic to write about...my teacher keeps telling me it has to be precise and specific, but I can't seem to find a topic which is interesting enough to write about and broad to write for 4000 words..HELP!

I really don't know what to do for the EE. I chose English SL B , but I don't know what topic to write about...my teacher keeps telling me it has to be precise and specific, but I can't seem to find a topic which is interesting enough to write about and broad to write for 4000 words..HELP!

It's up to you to come up with a topic! It's something YOU are marked on, by the way. Since you chose English B for your subject area, you can investigate either the English language itself, the culture of a certain English-speaking country, or literature originally written in English (basically an A1 EE but in English on English books). Look into areas that you're interested in. Was there a particular book or books that you liked (aside from things like Twilight, The Hunger Games, and Harry Potter)? A certain area of American/Australian/English/insert other anglophone country here culture that you are interested in learning more about? Those are good starting points.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody! I am currently trying to start working on my EE which is in Visual arts and I was wondering where can I find other graded EEs so that I could have a better idea of how it should look like (structure, format, style).

Any recommendations are welcomed.

Thank you for you help.

Hello everybody! I am currently trying to start working on my EE which is in Visual arts and I was wondering where can I find other graded EEs so that I could have a better idea of how it should look like (structure, format, style).

Any recommendations are welcomed.

Thank you for you help.

Here are two EEs from the IB's "50 Excellent Extended Essays" that you can use. Obviously don't copy what they did, but look at how they organized their information, presented their topic, etc and try to model your own EE after that.

http://www.aislagos.org/ib/SamplePapers/VisualArtsEE2.pdf

http://www.aislagos.org/ib/SamplePapers/VisualArtsEE1.pdf

:)

I got an A on my English A1 EE. I compared the role of religion in the survival of the protagonists of the novels Life of Pi by Yann Martel and Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe. I will likely upload it here, PM me if you want to know more :)

Follow the IB rubric for English EEs, it is a godsend. Also, read lots of examples. Reading good and bad ones is ideal but if you're strapped for time then just read the good ones.