What Grade Did You Get for Your EE?

Alix

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I picked my sources selectively. Basically, get real books and don't use wikipedia.

Good Luck.

Never use wikipedia. Whoever wants a decent grade, not be ridiculed at, and possible avoid failing should not use wikipedia.

There is an extended essay from ITGS that is chosen for "50 Excellent Extended Essays" and it has wikipedia source in it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Chemistry- predicted an A! I kayaked out in my local bay for three weeks, took samples from a natural stream and a human made dead end canal. I then compared the two and tested for

Nitrate and nitrite differences. It's local and I was passionate about it! If you put some

Personal connection in your EE, it definitely helps.

• Like 1

Judging by the scores of past EEs from my school, EEs in science+ English score low (C average) because of subjectivity for english (which can manifest itself in history EEs if not careful) and the difficulty in the sciences

We were told that EEs in the sciences and courses that the candidate is not taking usually result in much lower marks. The "recommended" subjects at our school are English and History.

• 1 month later...

I received an A by doing a philosophy paper. I got a 36/36 on my paper which utterly shocked me when considering my teacher predicted a B for my EE. Conversely, my TOK essay was given a predicted grade of A, but was marked a B. Thus, this is a perfect example of the subjectivity of the EE and TOK essay as it depends upon who marks these papers and their own personal opinions. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My teacher predicted me an A for English lang/lit. When do we know the actual grade? (exams may 2016)

My teacher predicted me a B :'o for DT. Davita, I believe it comes with our diploma certificate

http://www.ibo.org/programmes/diploma-programme/assessment-and-exams/getting-results/

Every 5th of July and January, results are released for May, November sessions, respectively (accessible by students on the 6th).  

which are typically 1-2 months before the actual diplomas are mailed to your school.

Edited by kw0573
  • Like 1

My teacher predicted me an A for English lang/lit. When do we know the actual grade? (exams may 2016)

My teacher predicted me a B :'o for DT. Davita, I believe it comes with our diploma certificate

What's DT? ooh okay, thanks!

http://www.ibo.org/programmes/diploma-programme/assessment-and-exams/getting-results/

Every 5th of July and January, results are released for May, November sessions, respectively (accessible by students on the 6th).  

which are typically 1-2 months before the actual diplomas are mailed to your school.

Only in July? I thought results came out the 6th of June :\

What's DT? ooh okay, thanks!

Only in July? I thought results came out the 6th of June :\

DT is Design and Technology... I take it but with a food specification in my school meaning I get to cook my lunch hehe

• 3 months later...

I have a 32/36 in Group 2 Spanish (Literature Option), but it is my teacher's third year grading EEs, so mine was probably her fourth or fifth EE ever; how much would an examiner mark down an EE?

I don't want to lose my A on my EE, so I hope that it would be no more than two points.

• 4 months later...