What are your CAS activities

Guest cl0ckw0rk0range

I've finished all my pre-IB CAS hours, but I have mine planned for next year.

Creativity: Learning French, Photography, and Theatre (Stage hand)

Action: Tennis, Jogging/Running, Habitat For Humanity

Service: Volunteering at the hospital and a political office*

* A friend mentioned that volunteering in any political work can not be applied to CAS. Is this true?

Edited by Courtface

• 3 weeks later...

For service, I mainly teach piano, but there are also a ton of small community service activities that I attend =P

For athletic hours..... I played on 6 teams at school last year LoL

For creative I draw and paint at home =)

Does drawing and painting AT HOME really count?

• 3 weeks later...

I got 80 hours from being an exchange student for one month and for spending a week on a mission trip:)

add that on to my numerous sports teams and show choir, and i'll have all of my hours done, JUNIOR YEAR:)

people say that it's terrible to procrastinate, that's why i did mine already:)

Well, I did tons of stuff in australia for nov 10, but since moving to england and being a may 2011 candidate I've had to start it again :(

At the moment I'm doing mostly:

flute, choirs and flute days

Model UN

Badminton

SLCC (a 'club' my IB coordinator suggested to us about helping the local and school community)

Ghana schools link

I am seriously lacking in action and service though. I've got loads of creativity.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finished CAS but anyways. (whew!) :yes:

My school was a bit disorganised in offering CAS activities so I went and did stuff on my own that I hope are CAS too.

Creativity- Choir (gives you LOADS of hours, I had 5 hrs of practice every week! I got my hourse in less than 3 months)

Action- horseriding- about 1 hr per week, but consistently. Then you get about 50 hrs.

Service- Helping out at a local orphanage- I started this project later so I had to do 1.5 to 3 hrs every week. But I got there.

Have fun, hope it works for you, this whole CAS thing.

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished my CAS last week actually. I didn't find it that hard. I did notice that I did a lot of new stuff like Soccer in IB so I was able to use that. It was a piece of cake. I don't know why I ever actually stressed about from the beginning.

Service:

I am part of various service groups where I raise awareness and fundraise throughout the school year. I also tutor underpriveleged kids in English.

Creativity:

Yeaahhh I am working on this one haha.

Action:

Well my school has action wednesdays every week where we regularly participate in activities such as working out in the gym/swimming/etc. Additionally, I hike a lot.

Creativity: Jazz band, Model UN, creating displays for the inside of a display case at another school each month

Action: swim team, circuit training, charity walk

Service: Seniors Lodge (run the raffle at Family Night once a month), math tutoring at lunch hour, Habitat for Humanity

Edited by Sonneteer_Trombonist

• 1 month later...

Well i am going to the Philippines to help fix a school on an island that needs a lot of help and this is my extended project.

For my C.A.S hours i am volunteering at different places. For action i help Autism Ontario in their basketball program for children and i join various sports teams as well such as badminton and volleyball. For creative i also help out with Autism Ontario when they have charity events by having a children's booth with face painting and coloring and I am also going to start being a book buddy at my library. For Service i am going to start volunteering at Ten Thousand Villages and maybe at a Science Center in my city. However i really want to help out at the downtown mission and help out the multicultural council as well with their activities with new immigrant children.

Creativity: Writing math tests for competitions hosted by our school, tutoring latin, teaching people how to play piano.

Action: Soccer (Club and Varsity), and tennis.

Service: Doing a 75 hour project working at a local summer camp as a counselor, and some other smaller things that I'm doing through NHS and Key Club.

My CAS schedule:

Creativity: piano lessons; choir; photographing at random events - takes up to 8 hours a week. Finished in two months.

Activity: due to a surgery nothing much - several martial arts lessons, hoping to pick up something next year and work intensely on it.

Service: Latvian Red Cross Youth pretty much takes about 10 hours a week. Completed this in one and a half month.

However, even though I have completed most of my CAS hours, we have to show they are long-term, therefore I am continuing all of them. At the moment, my creativity hours are somewhere near 100 and service is about the same.

• 2 months later...

Creativity:

- Chinese cultural club (have meetings revolving around the promotion of the Chinese culture)

- UNESCO (group: we organize events that promote internationalism)

- Debating

Action:

- Badminton Team 3

- Badminton Premier Team

- Swimming

Service:

- Student Librarian

- Student Liason Committee

Project:

- A part of the YMCA Raise-Up Crew (Youth council where we organize safe events for the youth of our area)

• 3 weeks later...

Creativity: Aeromodling, Website Designing (Visit the page I created for my house @: www.doonschool.com/hyderabad)

Action:Table Tennis, Soccer, Hockey, Athletics (Major Advantage over this because I'm in a Boarding School)

Service: Child Education (teaching underprivileged kids in a hut in a nearby village.)

Its really easy for me, especially because I'm doing the Duke of Edinburgh Award (also known as the IAYP or the International Award for Young People.). I can always use my hours from there.

Creativity: Aeromodling, Website Designing (Visit the page I created for my house @: www.doonschool.com/hyderabad)

Action:Table Tennis, Soccer, Hockey, Athletics (Major Advantage over this because I'm in a Boarding School)

Service: Child Education (teaching underprivileged kids in a hut in a nearby village.)

Its really easy for me, especially because I'm doing the Duke of Edinburgh Award (also known as the IAYP or the International Award for Young People.). I can always use my hours from there.

If you have any pictures, put them in slideshow format (if you haven't already done that) :)

C: Student Council + 2 related events. Help organizing 2 camps. Orgainzed activities for children. (65)

A: Student Council. Sports Day. Camp x2. House activities (duh). Soccer Team. Table tennis team. Tennis team. (151)

S: Student Council + 1 related event. Organized activities for children. Helping house activities (duh) (69)

Still need to be logged: Presenting in a conference(5?). A trip to Philippines. (37)