Extended Essay

Survival Robot

Guest syrianstar
Psychology - The Psychology of Road Rage: A discussion of psychological explanations of road rage and policy implications.

This one sounds really good :D

English A1: An examination of goodness and evil in children's popular fantasy fiction with specific reference to C. S. Lewis' The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

And I LOVE this one :blum: It's so great that they let you write on Harry Potter; somehow I can imagine my advisor raising her eyebrow menacingly if I told her I was doing my essay on the HP series lol. I would love to read your essay; is that possible?

My EE is in Economics: What market structure characterises private international secondary schools in Bahrain?

And I LOVE this one :blum: It's so great that they let you write on Harry Potter; somehow I can imagine my advisor raising her eyebrow menacingly if I told her I was doing my essay on the HP series lol. I would love to read your essay; is that possible?

My EE is in Economics: What market structure characterises private international secondary schools in Bahrain?

Uh love, how long have you been around IBSurvival?? In ALL that time, you haven't wandered to the EE Samples thread? o.O My EE is in there.

Guest syrianstar
Uh love, how long have you been around IBSurvival?? In ALL that time, you haven't wandered to the EE Samples thread? o.O My EE is in there.

Lol I have, but I didn't exactly browse through all of it because I found out that it didn't have any Economics samples which is the subject of my EE. :blum: IT's ok though because I obtained some samples from my supervisor which I hope to upload here too.

Thanks anyway.

Edited by syrianstar

My EE is in english a2, on the language of political campaigns focusing on the ongoing one in the us.

Do you know, where can i find other EE samples, because there's few in english a2?

Thanks;)

http://www.senri.ed.jp/OIS/IBDP/EEexemplars/

4 English B exemplars, and 3 of them have mark schemes.

(I hope those are okay?)

I am doing my EE in French (As Language B)

On Moliere and the creation of comedy from tragic scenes.

<3

Aditya

Edited by adityakumar

Did anyone choose Computer Science?

Mine is "The possibility of emotional communication for Artificial Intelligence".

It sounds interesting, but actually I spent all of my summer to do research in AI philosophy and Artificial Nerual Networks.

It seems that there is few people choose Computer...

women always go for hair dressing and i doubt whether they notice the reactions taking place (their hair plus the relaxers like ultrasheen or TVC) so i had an idea of investigating the reactions of the human hair with the realxers... Does it qualitfy to be an extendent essay topic? Is it worthwhile? Or do you have any other ideas that are better than mine? please help me out... thenx

Norah

I have a couple of questions:

1) I've been considering taken up an EE in English A1 on a Terry Pratchett novel, although generally the literature essay's I've heard people write on have been on more classic novel's, do you think any topic on a sci-fi writer (even one as sophisticated and clever as Pratchett) would immediately be smashed by the IB in terms of marking?

2) In terms of producing an EE in English, what are the expectations for "original research" - if we simply use citations from books as well as individual thought, will this suffice? Or do we need to go and find people (scholars/those qualified in literature + interested in the specific topic) to comment on our ideas and claims, or state their own opinions, in order to fulful the original research requirement?

I genuinely enjoy just about every subject I do, and so I think I'll base my EE subject choice on what will be easiest to practically implement. From talking to my teachers, (a) Being 'original' in physics and/or maths either requires being quite trivial, or undertaking very significant practical experimentation/investigation. What is more likely is that any topic that I may have significant interest in will be: beyond the scope of my current knowledge base or already significantly analysed (particularly the case in mathematics). (b) In terms of Chemistry, the smae problem of massive investigation component has been put forward, along with the significant possibility that such investigation will result in few answers. © Economics has actually seemed like an attractive option for me, in terms of an analysis of real firms and theoretical firms, although collecting sufficient first hand statistical data on firms feels like it may be challenging - and further I have a feeling such a topic would have been done often in the past, in which case, would this topic suffer due to a lack of originality? Either way, assuming the practicalities + my lack of orginality in economics knocks this topic out, and considering that I have to complete an EE in one of the subjects I do (do I, thought not, but teacher says otherwise - first year IB school, so he could just be responding conservatively), then the only subjects left are Latin and English: an EE in either most obviously presenting itself as a work analysing pieces of literature, with a little bit more of analysis of the mechanics for a Latin essay. Due to not being in love with Virgil, Ovid and the like, I have preference for carrying out my essay in English A1...

Thanks to anyone who is willing to answer my probably obvious questions.

I'm in a panic. I was told that I could only do my EE in history (!) at the end of last term, leaving me in a daze leading into the holidays.

I blindly chose the first title I could think of: "An examination of the causes and motivations of Stalinist terror in the 1930s", but have since realized that this is too broad, I know nothing of the subject nor how to write this essay.

So I appeal to you fellow IB-ers for advice. I need a decent title (can anything be salvaged from Stalin's terror?), and suggestions about how on earth I go about writing this thing. How about something on the Great Purge, 1937-1939? The Yezhovschina? Something like that?

Where on earth do you start?

LL1.

Edited by laneolaneo1

Want to share the title of your extended essay?

Or perhaps need help choosing one?

This is the place.

Psychology - The Psychology of Road Rage: A discussion of psychological explanations of road rage and policy implications.

I'm doing mine in Bio

How would decreasing in pH levels effect bud counts on alyssums

that's the non fancy version...still working on the fancy version 8-)

Is it OK for me to choose a topic titled "Motives of love and hate in Selimovic's "Death and Dervish". (Bosnian A1)

just one more thing; what does this mean anyway:Creative writing and essays based on language, culture and/or society topics are not currently permissible as group 1 extended essays

Is it OK for me to choose a topic titled "Motives of love and hate in Selimovic's "Death and Dervish". (Bosnian A1)

What about motives of love and hate? I think it's too broad, you don't have a focus.

just one more thing; what does this mean anyway:Creative writing and essays based on language, culture and/or society topics are not currently permissible as group 1 extended essays

It means you can't do a creative writing piece or talk about the culture of the language, you have to do a literature-based essay

I would have to size down my topic then...I was confused with the term "creative work" (in my country all literature works are considered to be creative, except critiques :) ). So, can may topic be based on a single novel, and mainly on a main character from the novel (as the entire novel is about him)? I was planning to write about the character's battle between love and hate.

Most A1 language extended essays are either comparison of two works, or talk about more characters of more novels of the same author. Did anyone have A1 extended essay with a topic similar to mine, or have heard of such a topic (where through one character or group of them, some motives or main book idea is being explored)? Please answer me, because I have to choose topic very quickly.

this year is my second year in my IB..im really feeling tired of it..T.T...im stil wondering what should i do with my EE topic. When i requested my topic about child abuse in Japan and US, it was unacceptable. any possible topics regardng to children?

thnx for the help.

I was going to do it on peace and conflict studies.. and if you would like to do something on children that would be your best option.. the only problem its really hard because very few people even know that subject exists, but it is in the IB E.E. guide. You should have a look at it and see if you can do your children topic based on peace and conflict ^_^

http://www.senri.ed.jp/OIS/IBDP/EEexemplars/

4 English B exemplars, and 3 of them have mark schemes.

(I hope those are okay?)

I am doing my EE in French (As Language B)

On Moliere and the creation of comedy from tragic scenes.

:P

Aditya

Thank you sooo much!

Does anyone know if it's allowed to use phrases such as "i chose this topic because... " cause when I asked my teacher, she said that it is not allowed, but how am i supposed to explain my choice?