IB books you absolutely loved

azulverde:)

• 2 weeks later...

I loved The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter. It was really dark and pretty sexual but we always ended up having amazing discussions in class about it. I also really liked Antigone, but I am not sure why. I think those are probably the best books I have read so far in Lit.

Great book, we read that too for lit

I liked reading "The Outsider or "The Stranger" (albert camus) as people here have been calling it but we havent yet analysed it and im a bit unsure on how that'll turn out. But I also liked "Like Water for Chocolate" (Laura Esquivel) with all the magic realism and the speeches by MLK are amazing to read! He has brilliant technique.

Time of the Butterflies by

It is about the Mirabelle sisters in the Dominican Republic when Trujillo was a dictator.

Great Read! Frustrating though, because you know Dede's sisters are going to die from the first chapter!

The author also writes it in an interesting way, it skips from each of the four sisters, though Dede is reminiscing.

Jane Eyre! Even though I had read it various times before the IB and it was already one of my favourite books so I don't really know if it classifies as an "IB book" for me :) I did like studying The Songs of Innocence and Experience as well. Unfortunately neither of these was an actual exam book.

I was also really pleased with the works we picked for the translated works requirement of Finnish A course, such as The Master and Margarita and Hamlet. They certainly made the course more interesting; a downside of taking Finnish SL is the fact most people there wish to study the shortest works (or the ones that are cheapest to buy/easiest to get) and totally ignore the whole boredom factor, so most of the works we studied were incredibly dull.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved "Midnight's Children" by Salman Rushdie and "The God of Small Things" by Arundhati Roy. I was a big fan of Roy's book even before IB. Both of these books were not there in my school's course; I have done my EE on them. From my school's course, I enjoyed reading "The Bluest Eye" by Toni Morrison and "The Joy Luck Club" by Amy Tan

• 5 months later...