IB books you absolutely loved

azulverde:)

I loved about 75% of the books being given during the span of my English courses :3

Last Year:

I loved Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind, that had to be the most interesting novel I have read in IB.

I also loved Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, oh my gosh just love it <3.

This Year:

I loved the book I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Mary Angelou, it was such an exciting biography novel to read.

We just finished the drama a few days ago called The Crucible by Arthur Miller and I liked it a lot due to the character chemistry between everyone was just awesome.

I am looking forward to the next drama we are currently doing called The Glass Menagarie by Tennese Williams, it sounds so exciting from the context of the play we just learned in class :)

Edited by RedTopHats

• 2 weeks later...

Well mine isn't a novel, it's a play but it was part of the curriculum. My class studied A Doll's House by Henrik Ibsen and contrary to my initial expectations, I really liked it! :D Now, whenever I don't know a female character's name, I call her Nora -.-

Wuthering Heights, A Streetcar named Desire and Death of a Salesman(last two aren't books but yeah).

I didn't exactly get to love them but I admit, they were fantastic works of literature.

Oh yes Brave New World is definitely better than 1984, I mean it's more scientific, but everybody around me just keeps on talking about 1984. It's a pity really, that they didn't like Orwell's teacher. I'm almost tired of dystopian books copying from one another. I'm doing one in English and it's very predictable up till now.

Edited by Ravenoftheknight

I think Paradise of the Blind and The Stranger are great books for World Lit. The Stranger has a lot of philosophical aspects attached to it which makes it hard to make a good reflective statement.

Just wanted to add that I also read Paradise of the Blind and I concur :) and I'm going to read The Stranger in French class next year!

Anyway, I really liked The Remains of the Day by Ishiguro. To be honest, almost all the books we've read so far were great. We also read Kafka and Jane Eyre (which I loved despite the disapproval of my classmates :P), and now we're reading Murakami (which is great!). I'm hoping we get to read Jane Austen and Great Gatsby in year 2.

Edited by ilovepotato

• 2 weeks later...

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest,

it's an insanely brilliant book

I mean Randle Patrick McMurphy==R.P.M=Revolution per minute=revolutions per minute

that' is pure genius

I think Paradise of the Blind and The Stranger are great books for World Lit. The Stranger has a lot of philosophical aspects attached to it which makes it hard to make a good reflective statement.

Just wanted to add that I also read Paradise of the Blind and I concur :) and I'm going to read The Stranger in French class next year!

Anyway, I really liked The Remains of the Day by Ishiguro. To be honest, almost all the books we've read so far were great. We also read Kafka and Jane Eyre (which I loved despite the disapproval of my classmates :P), and now we're reading Murakami (which is great!). I'm hoping we get to read Jane Austen and Great Gatsby in year 2.

OMG PARADISE OF THE BLIND IS AMAZING~~~

• 2 weeks later...

A Thousand Cranes for sure. Book ended up being my number one book ever. Even pass the Host! XD But we didn't even discuss that book in class. We discussed the boring ones like House of Spirits and Chronicles of a Death Foretold. My school sure loves picking books by hispanics with magical realism and a whole lot of boring. :/ (I'm sure the school isn't the one who picks the books but I don't know who does nor do I really care. Just wish they picked better ones)

I also liked The Color Purple and The Kite Runner which were 10th grade books.