IB books you absolutely loved

azulverde:)

Tennessee Williams- A Streetcar Named Desire.  

Love that book to bits, did it for paper 2 and oh man... it was a beautiful text that I would've enjoyed even without IB English! 

Tim O'Brien - The Things They Carried.

This is the second one that comes to mind; mostly because of how simply yet vividly O'Brien describes the many things he sees in 'Nam.

And basically everyone in my year either loves or hates Duffy's The World's Wife (of the former here)

I liked the Worlds Wife, better than her freaking love poems, which are awful, and far too much lesbian innuendo for me 

I understand what you mean! Fortunately for me, I didn't have to study any of these since they weren't required texts for IB XD

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This isn't a novel, but I adored all of the T.S. Eliot we read. His poetry is so captivating. Rough when you're analyzing for meaning - the ideas are so disjointed - but for allusions it's a goldmine.

Also not a novel, wow. But even though I had read it before, Hamlet never fails.

Edited by Amber Christman

The Poisonwood Bible has got to be my favorite novel so far. In fact, I'm doing my IOP on it  :lol:

Pride and Prejudice is also a very well written novel. Although, I didn't enjoy reading it at all. I needed to listen to the audio book to get through the whole thing for the first time, and I almost cried when we had to read it again in class.  :unsure: