IB books you absolutely loved

azulverde:)

So far we did Like Water for Chocolate, Madame Bovary, and Love in the Time of Cholera.

Like Water for Chocolate was okay. I liked the Mexican culture aspect of it, but overall I didn't like it so much.

I really liked Madame Bovary even though everyone seems to think it's boring :P.

My favorite is Love in the Time of Cholera.

I absolutely loved "La Casa de los Espíritus" (The House of the Spirits) by Isabel Allende :) I know some people say it is just a copy of "One Hundred Years of Solitude" by Gabriel García Márquez, but the fact that it is less complex and therefore shorter its part of its beauty ;)

I really like to read, so I think I liked a lot of books.

The stranger - Albert Camus.

No exit - Jean-Paul Sartre

The Tunnel - Ernesto Sabato

Essay on Blindness - José Saramago

Blood Wedding - Federico García Lorca

Nuestra América - José Martí

One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel García Márquez

We are currently working on poetry and I've just realized I love latinamerican poetry.

Just read The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende for English. That was a good book.

Currently reading Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder for TOK. I thought it would be boring because it's about philosophy, but it's turning out to be really good and I'm becoming really interested in the topics discussed in the book.

I absolutely adored "Invisible Man". I found it enlightening and

profound. What do you guys think?

I found it an interesting read, but it was not mind blowing to me. Parts of the book were largely unecessary to the entire plot and made it tedious to read.

-the beginning of love in the time of cholera.. "the scented of bitter almonds always reminded him of unrequited love..."

-madame Bovary

-things fall apart

-the tempest

didn't like maya angelou's i know why the caged bird sings, and a doll's house so much