Biology SL Paper 3 Discussion

I think it wasn't bad at all... especially that I wasn't fully prepared and I had much less practice than with p1 and p2, I answered all questions and hopefully most of what I wrote will be matching the markscheme ;d

I did options A and E and I'm TZ2 btw ;)

TZ2, Option E and G

Paper 3 was really good, of course you never know what to expect with the graph questions but I usually think of them as 14 bonus points. The questions I did prepare for were there and I feel really confident with it except for one, niche concept? I spoke about fundamental and realized niche as well as the meaning of niche but I don't know if that's what they were looking for?

Edited by BJD

TZ2, Option E and G

Paper 3 was really good, of course you never know what to expect with the graph questions but I usually think of them as 14 bonus points. The questions I did prepare for were there and I feel really confident with it except for one, niche concept? I spoke about fundamental and realized niche as well as the meaning of niche but I don't know if that's what they were looking for?

The nice concept is a description of where an organisms lives (its habitat), its feeding activities and its relationship with other organisms ( Mutualisim, predation etc). It has nothing to do with fundamental and realized niche. Yeah it was a weird question. I hated the question bout extinction of a named species

I did option B and E (TZ2, I think. Norway). I think it went pretty well. I managed to answer all the questions, I even drew a diagram for contra-lateral processing :-P The questions I was most unsure about were the data questions, as it is sometimes hard to know what they expect you to write. For option E it was what the implications are for humans of a study on mice's brain activity I dint't really know what to write. But overall, it was the exam I was most happy with. Anyone else with option B? In that case, was the sarcomere contracted or relaxed?

Edited by Meena

I did option B and E (TZ2, I think. Norway). I think it went pretty well. I managed to answer all the questions, I even drew a diagram for contra-lateral processing :-P The questions I was most unsure about were the data questions, as it is sometimes hard to know what they expect you to write. For option E it was what the implications are for humans of a study on mice's brain activity I dint't really know what to write. But overall, it was the exam I was most happy with. Anyone else with option B? In that case, was the sarcomere contracted or relaxed?

Option B. I thought it was contracted because there was a large dark band and a thin light band but apparently it was relaxed.

We didn't have time to study the other option at school at all, so I ended up cramming Evolution (option D) the night before p3. Definitely not a recommendable move to make, but they asked all the stuff that I had memorized well! So I think I did okay in the end. My other option was A... I can't even remember the questions they had on A because I was so focused on the D, all I remember is that I knew what to answer to every question so I guess I did fairly well :))