IB books you absolutely loved

azulverde:)

• 4 weeks later...
I really enjoyed We Need to Talk About Kevin. I wasn't sure which A1 course I was going to take, so I read it for the Lit homework; my only regret in choosing Lang/Lit is that I don't get to study that book.

i love that book, i'm doing it for my EE, too bad it wasn't part of the IB books selection thingy :/

What is your EE about?

uhm How a mother's nurturing of her child from birth and throughout adulthood can lead to the mother being blamed and alienated in The Fifth Child by Doris Lessing and We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver.. it's pretty long but yeah.. i loved the ending but i don't like Eva :/ i like kevin though lol

Brave New World was one of the most interesting books, I would say. We read Waiting for Godot for HL theatre and I didn't understand it at all but found some pretty interesting Christian symbols in there when we were required to write an essay on it last minute. The Stranger and Metamorphosis, I think I managed to find religious symbols in there as well. It was fun to analyse, haha. Oh! And we're reading Macbeth right now. I hate Shakespeare, but in the process of reading this play, I enjoyed Shakespeare more and more... Maybe it's just a really good play.

I kind of wish I took HL English! I was scared about doing HL English because someone scared me by describing the class and its requirements, but SL English is one of my easiest classes, if not the easiest & HL seems to have a lot more interesting books...

Edited by holly

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oblivion: A Memoir by Hector Abad Faciolince. It is an autobiography about the author's life and his relationship with his father and there are several critical moments such as his sister's dead because of Cancer and his father's murder due to his attempt to find equality and justice. It made me cry :'( Pretty emotional. Let me think of some other books, hum, maybe A Streetcar Named Desire and Perfume by Patrick Suskind. :D