What are books that you have had to read for school that you absolutely hate?

JoeG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't necessarily dislike Hamlet, but when we had to use it in an essay I couldn't find anything worth writing about! I knew what the themes were but I had nothing interesting to say about them.

Edited by Eizhowa

Wait, does Physics: Principles with Applications by Giancoli count? It is a book, albeit not litterature... Because I wanted to burn/Tear it apart with my teeth/Pierce it with a sword when I read it. Made physics seem so much harder than it needed to be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really really didn't like Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Marquez. The book was so immensely over-dramatised and boring in pretty much every way. I hated how Marquez basically listed the number of women Florentino slept with and kept going on and on about it and I think, for what it was, Love in the Time of Cholera went on for far too long. It was written right after Marquez won the Nobel Prize for 100 Years of Solitude, so I feel like he went overboard in LiTC and tried to make it too 'literary'.

The Americans on here will hate me for this but I didn't really care much for Huckleberry Finn either because a lot of it was just Huck and Jim sailing down the river and talking.

• 1 month later...