Which IA do you hate the most?

Ashika

You will fail if that happens, because all IAs are due to the examiner approximately a month before the external exams. And fyi groups 4 IA consist of minimum 3 separate pieces of work. I gave 7 for my chem IA and 6 for my bio one so...

I think that he's being sarcastic :P .. He's in my school and they're far behind on their material, that's why! :D

Oh, and for the group 4 sciences, we have many lab reports to submit (we gave around 20 I think for Biology, and 12/13 for Chemistry). Group 4 Project was one out of those.

I think that he's being sarcastic :P .. He's in my school and they're far behind on their material, that's why! :D

Oh, and for the group 4 sciences, we have many lab reports to submit (we gave around 20 I think for Biology, and 12/13 for Chemistry). Group 4 Project was one out of those.

Yeah we did approximately that number too for both, but we only handed in the amount I said before

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so lost in psychology... I'll probably hate that one.

Hopefully, our phil teacher will realize that we are absolute n00bs in the subject and make sure to hold our hands and guide us through it, otherwise we are all screwed...

I kind of look forward to the group4 project though, but that's probably just because I have ES :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest whatever

math IA are full of torture at a point you are stuck or somthing and you have to repeat all over again ! .. man

Economics - oh my god , looking for articles commenting on them and looking through your past notes for graphs and all .. i hate this ..

Biology is funn coz we got to ttravel inorder to do them which was fun ..

I think that 20 years from now I'm still going to have nightmares about my English IAs. I seriously think that if they told me right now that they'll give me a 3 in English HL for a final grade with the condition that i get to skip the whole class and all the work in it...I'd take it without thinking twice. I mean they're torture for me! You know how hard it is to be taking ENGLISH HL when i've only know english for the past 5 years?

As far as math IA's go, i love them (there's a topic about quesiton that i posted not too long ago, ask me questions there about any math IA and i'll gladly take time to see over it). Always so easy and short and to the point. There's always an actual answer, not like english that "your answer is never wrong, it deppends how you interpret the question". Well apparently there are wrong answers or else everyone would have 7s in the test dont you think?

:P

But I just think the we'd have world peace if all the IA's in the world just burned and got erased from every place were they are kept. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest quisquis

The Group 4 Project (Biology) was definitely fun, three days off to make whatever experiment we wanted to, on or off campus ;-)

The Geography Fieldwork had the potential to be funny but was actually quite a bother due to the rather lame subject ("Pedestrian count and land use on a city transect"). On the other hand, it was again two days wih not too much to do.

A1 Assignments were quite okay, as it allowed you great liberty in subject choice. A2 Written Tasks were doable as well, although the text type limitations were a bit of a nuisance... As I have Latin SL as Group 6 / Elective subject, I don't need to do any IA there (and thus I am greatly envied by my fellow French A2 and Italian B students...)

The oral presentations, commentaries and oral interactives were not really a problem, they didn't require that much preparation time either.

[Oh, and I'm not talking about my Maths portfolios, it would be too much whining].

• 4 weeks later...
Guest newman500

i found my english ia (iop) pretty hard mainly cause i struggle to remember my speeches but i got 21/30? i dunno if thats good or bad so if somones done it before could you give it to me straight?

• 2 weeks later...

the business coursework was pretty ok for me. So were the maths IA's, but thats coz my friend helped me with them.

World lit is annoying the hell out of me... and im really not looking forward to the A1 english commentaries... but thats probably coz I suck at english :P