Rant of the day!

Abu

our bio teacher gives us these thick useless packs of worksheets that do not halp us at all but actually confuse us even more!!! and she wont listen if we tell her they are not helping us instead once when we told her she screamed i swear she almost blew up!! >.<

Tomorrow: biology sheets due, history in class essay on the 1905 revolution and an impossible Chemistry test on stoichiometry, most of which takes me aaaages understand when it comes to the questions... it's mainly the Chemistry I'm worried about. I would have had to write my English oral on Atonement tonight but thankfully it has been shifted to Monday >.<

I better stop procrastinating as my last history essay was rather terrible and I reaaally don't want to get another bad mark on a Chemistry test (especially because my teacher can be scary at times)

this day has been the longest day ever!!!!!!!!!!

i had an AP chemistry exam, an economics quiz, and an arabic commentry!!!!!!!

BUT i can say im HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY because they just announced in the news we have a day off tomorrow!!!!!! :):D

Guest syrianstar

That's it I've had enough; I NEED TO GET MY OWN PLACE..........and car come to think of it. :) One more minute in this noisy house, and I will go hysterical :D:)

They can go to hell, cuz I'm going to McGill.

You show them! :)

Besides, since you're such a good student, it's their loss that you're not going there, not yours. :)

My rant of the day is that I hate waking up at 5 am every morning so I could take the bus and get to my IB school on time.

I feel your pain, I have to do the same.

But I'm so ANGRY. :D

I just found out that they are firing my IB Psych teacher, which really isn't a surprise because she's a terrible teacher.

But the worst part is that they are just NOW telling us that last year her pass rate was 48% and she had ZERO 6-7s.

I also found out that all of the now seniors that failed had to re-take the class and the IB test this year

But since they're firing her, if our class fails, we have to switch to Econ.

Which I can't do because I have 4 HLs and 3 SLs, and in order to take ToK I was counting on Psych staying a one year course.

And the part that makes me the most angry is that they didn't fire her at the end of her first year or release the pass rate because it was only her first year teaching...but they didn't check up on her to make sure that she improved this year.

So now I'm scared that I won't pass IB, or will have to drop an extra subject in order to make my schedule work.

But I really hope that I didn't fail Psych. (Deus is amazing for creating those notes! They were the only exposure I had to possible exam questions...)

Because I really wanted my bilingual + an extra subject diploma! Grrr.

But I feel worse for the students that had her for an EE advisor, because now they have to find a new one, and most teachers are already full.

I also feel bad for the students that signed up last year to take Psych for next year, because now they have to take Econ. :)

heey

i had the worst birthday yesterday: i spent my 16th birhtday studying my worst subject economics :)

and i got my SAT scores today they are good but im aiming for a higher score: so i will have to redo them!!!

Edited by deedoz

I'm so tired of school, we've got like a ton of things to complete before summer holdiay (5th of June).. I mean, 500 German words, WLA1 and WLA2, Lab reports, EE, millions of CAS hours and and and... come on?! It's too much at the sime...

Haha, isn't that always at the root of our problems? Time....

If only some brilliant student (not an IBer, because they don't have this kind of time :mellow: ) would invent a way to compress time-space and add an extra little bit to our day? But only our days, not that of teachers, etc., since that wouldn't solve anything. :)

Ok. So Even though I'm not doing the Diploma, I'm in 6 IB classes (I got into leadership for next year) and all was fine and dandy..... Until my mom had to get RELOCATED 500+ MILES AWAY!!! Next year is my SENIOR YEAR in high school and I'm pretty quiet until you get to know me so my chances of having a great senior year is pretty much shot. AND they're not. looking. at. IB schools!!!!! What in the world is up with THAT?!? All the work that I have put forth this year is going to waste because I won't be going to an IB school next year, and as a result, won't be getting IB credit for the stuff I've done. And no, they won't let me move in with my friends/boyfriend because my mom will "miss me too much" and I'll be going off to college next year, blah blah blah. Translation: their missing me is more important than my future/college life. Great.

SO. FRUSTRATING. :mellow::):)

Ugh. =/

talk to them about it. i had the same problem going into my junior year, but i am a dipcan. they knew how importanat it was to me, and all the work i had put into it. talk to them about moving in woth a friend, and how you will still be able to see them (when i maved i moved 1000+ miles). sy mom told me if it was my senior year she would have let me move in with my best friend, but coz i still had 2 more years i had to go with them. tell your parents how importanat IB is to you, and how it will help you in the future. if they wan't you t move with them, tell them at least look for an IB school , cz it is most definatly worth it in the end.

Guest syrianstar

There is officially 8 hours and a half until my biology test on the reproduction chapter.

I hate this section...way too many details :0 :):mellow::)

Edited by syrianstar

• 2 weeks later...
Guest syrianstar
Feeling so depressed. Weather's depressing. Everyone around me is depressed because of exams. Urgh. :) T.T

awww its ok :) the IB Survival Team is always here for you :)

• 3 weeks later...

Here is another one of my famous rants...

Awhile ago I decided to do my extended essay on geography, specifically water quality in the GVRD region. I have my appointments with my teacher and such and asked if doing a survey would be a good way to attain information from the general public's perspective. So I take the next few days to plan the locations and questions. Today I went to my first two locations, for those who live around here Vancouver (Pacific Centre) and Richmond (Richmond Centre). I was absolutely shocked that maybe 90% of the people that I asked if they wanted to participate denied the opportunity and a few were actually quite rude by not even looking me in the eye and just waving his hand as if they were the king or queen. Infact this happened more than one might think. I cannot believe how unsociable these people are, I made sure I said that I was doing this for school and that I was not apart of any hippie group or something. Of course, I made sure I didn't ask the people that seemed to be in a hurry so I wasn't interrupting something that was more important to them. I am still quite abit surprised that people would reject helping out a student with his work, it just doesn't seem very normal.

However the people that did politely talk to me were generally very informative and gave their own opinions on this matter but I'd say 50% of the people that accepted were tourists from England or New Zealand so it wasn't all bad.

Has anyone else had any problems similar to this and would care to share?

• 1 month later...

This probably needs its own thread but...

Yeah so you might have heard that my computer died.

This is how.

I was resizing a picture. Accidentally typed in 70000 pixels instead of 700. So the program froze. Actually the whole computer froze. So I had to turn it off. Then it wouldn't restart again. It would get stuck on the Windows screen then would turn off.

It's weekend. I have class all day Monday, none of which I can really skip.

So I won't be able to do anything all weekend. Won't have time to do anything with it till Tuesday.

I'm currently at uni...the place is deserted considering it is Saturday of the first week of session.

So my life is over. Until someone tells me I can at least recover some of my data.

Moral of the story: BACKUP! And do things when you mean to do them because I've been meaning to do a file update for IBS for a while but kept putting it off...now I don't have anything to update with.

[side note, you know what, my flatmates and I have been having rotten luck with computer lately. This is the 4th time one of our computer had problem in the last 2 months.]