Rant of the day!

Abu

I'm bitching about ****ty IB teachers and the fact that the IBO has no quality control over who teaches their diploma programme.

I hate my useless Economics teacher, I have to teach him diagrams - he's an ******* and useless piece of flesh.

I loathe my psych teacher, she can't communicate and has no form of pedagogy what so ever - just throws papers at us and never gives us exam questions to practice and turn in so that we can get marks and comments on how to improve. If i get below a 5 in psych it will be her fault and that pisses me off - **** ****ty IB TEACHERS and my heart goes out to those of you who share my pain, we will survive!

Blah, and the rant of the day goes to my Psych. teacher...yet again.

She just gives us handouts! And handouts and more handouts! I have a 3 inch binder full of handouts that she never explains. And then she writes readings from both of our books on the board. But she NEVER gives us IB practice questions. And she doesn't explain anything. And we had 1 quiz and 2 tests today, which everyone will fail. But she curves them to show the administration that we are doing well. But we'll all fail the exam because we have no idea how to answer the IB essays. Plus, she hasn't chosen the optional topics for us, and she isn't teaching them! She just gave us a list and told us to choose 2 (1 as a backup). UGH!

Anyone else with a clueless Psych. teacher?

• 3 weeks later...

ugh! ok i have my SAT's on saturday, i have my EE draft due on sunday, and my economics IA due on sunday, and my TOK EA due on sunday =S and i cant seem to write anything for either of the three essays! writers block lol! =S god help me!!

Two Words...

EXTENDED ESSAY

meh :hug:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Extended Essay is pain for the moment, I've got like 2200 words or something, and the first draft is due to tomorrow. I know it is possible to write those 1800 words during these two days, however I've like written 500 words every damn day this week and I'm so tired of it, I just wanna go out and have fun in the sun, like all non-IBers.

But what exactly does 'first draft' mean? Is it a catastrophy if I'm not done with the intro-body-conclusion, i.e. the 4000 words, until the due date?

First draft means it will be rubbish, torn apart by your supervisor and you will end up rewriting everything. ^_^

Seriously it really depends on what you write on it, doesn't it? The first draft just gets you working, you'll have to edit and rewrite some stuff a long the way so dont worry if its not perfect yet. :hug:

Guest syrianstar
First draft means it will be rubbish, torn apart by your supervisor and you will end up rewriting everything. :P

Seriously it really depends on what you write on it, doesn't it? The first draft just gets you working, you'll have to edit and rewrite some stuff a long the way so dont worry if its not perfect yet.

YES! That makes me feel so much better, because my first draft is.................rubbish, will be torn apart by my supervisor, thrown in my face and I well get disqualified from IB. :hug::P

Ok maybe not to that extent but it's just that I feel so ill and my draft is due tomorrow :P

I'm just glad I won't be the only one submitting a piece like mine ^_^

Edited by syrianstar

YES! That makes me feel so much better, because my first draft is.................rubbish, will be torn apart by my supervisor, thrown in my face and I well get disqualified from IB. :D:D

Ok maybe not to that extent but it's just that I feel so ill and my draft is due tomorrow :P

I'm just glad I won't be the only one submitting a piece like mine :lol:

I you feel that way about your piece of writing, then you absolutely got a friend in me! My structure is the crappiest ever, I'm ashamed. Really ashamed.

If it makes you feel any better, I have a 1200 words essay due in less than 24 hours and I only have 200 words and still absolutely not motivated to write the rest of it. Oh and 1200 words may seem little...it's hellish to write because I need to reference everything so I can't just BS and say it's done. :D

Guest ltrang2910

nearly the end of this school year :x

feel just unfair :)

so lazy to do anything :yes:

look forward to the next year, if i can obtain a visa 8->

Guest syrianstar

My Chemistry teacher has given the officially Most Useless Research of the Year 2008. She's making us research about ten types of drugs and find almost everything about them including their chemical structure and formula :D and apparently she doesn't want it to be copy and past...........she actually wants us to READ IT.

I tried to bargain with her and tell her to make them five drugs only because it's such a long and useless piece of research (although I didn't tell her that :) ) and she just goes:

"If you don't stop your bargaining then I will make you research about 20 drugs" :yes: EVIIIL!!

Frankly I don't how knowing that the drug Imitrex has an emperical formula of C14H21N3O2S•C4H6O4 and consists of croscarmellose sodium, dibasic calcium phosphate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, and sodium bicarbonate, is going to help me in my exams.

Meh :)

Edited by syrianstar

Guest syrianstar
She's trying to help you get used to research maybe? Haha

But yea that sounds pretty useless

I think I will cry if I find out tomorrow I can't major in Marketing at all because of stupid uni schedules. Or stupid me taking wrong classes at the wrong time.

(Long story)

If they don't allow you then call me up and I'll send you my super duper thick Chemistry Research to teach them a lesson. I can gurantee that it will even knock out The Incredible Hulk. :)

On the other hand they will definitely not let you major in Marketing after you send their boss to hospital :yes: