Chatting Corner

BIO-AQUA

What are you learning in Bio anyways?

I have a test coming up this week as well on homeostatis and reproduction.

My test was postponed. DNA replication etc., photosynthesis and respiration. Photosynthesis sucks :worship:

but my bio lab is getting better :)

It's just a bad luck that the most difficult stuff like bio test, bio lab. maths test, physics test, is in this week. When the next one is much more "relaxing" :)

Genetics is good fun.

Didn't enjoy at the time... but it's great now haha

I'm more of less the opposite. Enjoyed it a GREAT deal last time and was the expert. Now, one year later, my memory is blank, my heart full of dread and it's not fun.

My Tok outline for the essay is due on friday noon. I need to write two (topic 4 and 8) since I can't choose but my mind is empty. I cannot write or come up with good examples or even arguments :P:D

Edited by Afterglow

Today I had a reflection (it's not connected with my beloved TOK). When I look at IB students at my school, I could generally divided them for two: 1) slim 2) rather over-weighted, there are not a lot of "normal" weight people, not slender, not over-weighted. I know that it is quite subjective what a particular person understand by slim and over-weighted, but not much of them look healthy. Especially, when I compare them to my friends and people from standard classes, where is a mixture of people' bodies :P Is it also with you?

I think there is a point about this. Maybe it's a losing effect of stress, when people eat too much, or too less. Of course I could find an example against this tendency, but please, don't ask me to make standard deviation ;p (It's my general observation, which I know is so against TOK way and justification of a statement)

That's interesting. I mean, here I can say that the body ranges from under-weight to over-weight with most people being average :/ THowever, I remember once when I had a theory that studying makes you loose weight not only because it makes you eat less but because it takes so much energy.

Which brings me to a question - do you guys have lunch at school as in do you need to bring your own or so? Because I've seen that differs as well.

I understand what you mean though.

I was a fairly athletic person with a good build.

Last year, the stress made me gain weight.

This year, I dont have time to eat and when I do, I end up puking.

I dont know what to do anymore.

You need to start eating. If you're athletic then it is even more important. Try to make it a habit to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. Even if you don't have time, sacrify 5 minutes to at least make a sandwich. Make it a habit to bring with you something, whether cake or carrots, to your study periods.

Edited by Afterglow

Well, for me, my lunches and after school are packed with meetings. However, I can buy food from school or from the stores nearby.

And, I used to be athletic. Now I just run for an hour everyday. IB drains me and leaves me with no energy to return on all the teams I was on before.

Also, the reason why I've been having issues eating is apparently due to anxiety. Whenever I eat, my stomach cant handle it and I throw up. It's getting ridiculous these days. A friend of mine hugged me and the pressure in his hug made me collapse.

I already have because everyone was getting angry because I hadn't seen one. There's nothing really wrong with me aside from anxiety. Nothing I didn't already know.

I know your problem;/

Try eating meals in small portions :P [not to feel full, but to don't feel hunger] maybe it could help your stomach feels better:))

Usually I eat breakfast, I know it's healthy and I'm trying to do this. In some days I eat little, sometimes I feel like I wouldn't eat for ages... During a day I drink hectolitres of coffee [my family want me to stop drinking coffee, but personally I like it and don't see a point, it helps me to survive and give me a bit of pleasure]. At school, the pressure and not enough time seems to be so uncomfortable so I don't feel like eating, or sometimes I eat banana or yoghurt. Then I eat a meal in the afternoon. I know it's not a perfect diet, but also IB student's life isn't perfect XD

some people in my class looks very apathetic; not enough of sleep, not enough of low sugar food...