Chatting Corner

BIO-AQUA

Hello everyone,

I've just realized that there isn't a thread for chatting about random stuff that merge IB and non-IB issues. I know that the rest of the threads are much more specific, but more broad conversations (where everyone can talk about anything - things that don't fit in the other threads) are nice to have around here. I'm talking about interests, random questions, post-exam feelings and comments on anything. You know, to connect, share opinions, ehm.. increase posts.. :lol:

Ok, I guess I'll start. Long have I wanted to know what went wrong in the Chemistry May 2007 exam. People talk and talk but you can't seem to get a real answer. So we started off with our senior year about 10 days ago, and the chemistry teacher assigns a cumulative exam in the topics we've covered in IB1 (Topics 1-8). So today we were all prepared for it and guess what? We had May '07 paper 1 and 2 !! :D I finally knew what went wrong. They said that the first couple of questions involved calculations and some theory, but it was really.. fine, I guess. (I know that some people are going to :D right now :D ), But anyways, it was a nice exam, except for the part where both papers were linked together and not using calculators in paper 1 (I didn't know about this earlier, so that's new for me). But in general, it's kind of similar taking into account the other past papers. :P There was a combination of stoichiometry, kinetics, equilibrium and bonding with some gas laws. Ok done now. :P

Anyways, have a nice day everyone. :)

You know, to connect, share opinions, ehm.. increase posts..

Oh thanks for telling them this. :lol:

Them = spammers. cough

*considers creating Chat subforum where posts don't count*

Me can't talk about Chem but if you want to talk exams...I think I'm going to die a very slow and painful death in my Accounting midterm in 2 weeks...

On the bright side, we get Friday of next week off uni off because of Apec summits. I think studing for Acctounting then would be a wise choice...considering the exam would be the Tuesday the week after.

Them = spammers. cough

Me can't talk about Chem but if you want to talk exams...I think I'm going to die a very slow and painful death in my Accounting midterm in 2 weeks...

On the bright side, we get Friday of next week off uni off because of Apec summits. I think studing for Acctounting then would be a wise choice...considering the exam would be the Tuesday the week after.

it's oka HMS, deleting spammy posts and warning people is become rather fun :D

and a great stress reliever :D

good luck with ur exam, I feel so bad for aimee :P she has an exam in fresher's week :P I hope we don't get any surprises!

i find it amusing that when there is a 'chat' it is usually related to school :D it's always like that for me at least. Ah well..

There always seems to be something wrong each year with the exams. In May 2006, I heard that they forgot to provide the periodic table for chemistry in paper 1 or 2. May 2007 there was that thing you mention in chemistry paper 1 but I also heard that they accidently gave a past exam for History ( :lol: ).

So how are you all? Hopefully good. I am happy because two of my predicted grades have been set. A1 Swedish SL = 6 and Chemistry SL = 5. Woot! Now I just need to get those in the end but all of the sudden chemistry has turned really fun....

Oh and good luck on your exams :D

Them = spammers. cough

:D Didn't really intend to, but thought that a chat section is needed around here. :D Oh and good luck in your exams!

There always seems to be something wrong each year with the exams. In May 2006, I heard that they forgot to provide the periodic table for chemistry in paper 1 or 2. May 2007 there was that thing you mention in chemistry paper 1 but I also heard that they accidently gave a past exam for History ( :P ).

Wonder what will go wrong in May '08. Hope nothing. :D

So how are you all? Hopefully good. I am happy because two of my predicted grades have been set. A1 Swedish SL = 6 and Chemistry SL = 5. Woot! Now I just need to get those in the end but all of the sudden chemistry has turned really fun....

Well good luck in your grades. I know, all of a sudden chemistry turns fun. Where have you reached in the syllabus? We have finished topics 1 through 8, and now closing topic 9. Two topics left for the core to fly away and options to land in!! :P

Edited by BIO-AQUA

:D Didn't really intend to, but thought that a chat section is needed around here. :P Oh and good luck in your exams!

Wonder what will go wrong in May '08. Hope nothing. :lol:

Well good luck in your grades. I know, all of a sudden chemistry turns fun. Where have you reached in the syllabus? We have finished topics 1 through 8, and now closing topic 9. Two topics left for the core to fly away and options to land in!! :D

Thanks. Trust me, I need luck. I am very bad in chemistry and it (along with math) is one of the things that are in the way for of my medicine dream. At the moment I have something between 3-4 and am working soooo hard to improve it. We are currently doing Acids and Bases. Not sure which topic it is but we have redox, organic chemistry and options left.

Edited by Afterglow

1000 posts!!! :lol:

Wow, our little baby's growing up so fast. I'm spending more time on here than on TSR now... *shhh* Don't tell people in the IB Survivor Soc! :D

Haha, not 1000 anymore. Removed the random news of the world forum because I don't have enough time to update it at the moment. If I find something really interesting I'll just post it in GD.

As far as IB Survivor Soc goes, we'll convert them soon enough :P . This site clearly has the best IB content. The trouble is, just need to improve the way in which people download the files. Too many spammers :D .

So much to do in the next 3 weeks, I'll go insane before university even starts. Anyway, going to try to throw in a few more improvements into the site as soon as I can.

I will also be doing my best to get the economics notes done and uploaded within the next couple weeks. Sorry for those of you that have been waiting for so long. Been so busy...

Do you remember easter this year when went a slight bit mad with vectors and being up at the very early hours of the morning. lol

I still have the vector thing saved on my computer. LOL.

And it was early in the morning? I thought it was around about this time at night.

Hey Caitlin don't worry about the IB Survivor Soc it hasn't been posted in for 2weeks.

Maybe because the people who usually post in it are all here? :lol: I think we kind of moved our soc here. And it's been...abandonned for a while now...since May I think. :D

The trouble is, just need to improve the way in which people download the files. Too many spammers

They are making more efforts though...

So much to do in the next 3 weeks, I'll go insane before university even starts.

Not long now, is it? :lol: When do you get to England?

Guest bahamianbeauty07

im from the bahamas and i just started my last yr of IB on monday....im taking math studies SL but now i kinda wish i took math methods SL....the universities i want will still accept me but i still gotta do math there :lol: ughhh i hate math lol

just a little stressed out now cuz im sposed to be writing my TOK essay...due tomorrow....435 of 1600 words done :lol:

oh goshhh lol

better get back to work!

good luck everyoneee

My 8th grade teacher lived in the Bahamas. Thought I'd just let you know that. :lol:

Have fun with your TOK essay. :D

@sis 17: Chiến dịch vote Alec lên banner của bọn mình xem ra không thành rồi...cũng hơi cực vì KV ĐL nhiều ứng cử viên quá...Hic hic. Kỳ sau vãn tiếp tục chứ sis? Dù sao vẫn còn hy vọng tặng anh cái birthday present này mà...mặc dù kỳ sau hơi muộn 1 chút. :lol: