May the 6th be with you

Uhm sooo yeaaah how does it work if you want to have your tests re-corrected/corrected by another? Is it worth the money? I am exactly on the boundary for a higher grade in both biology and English

I have just read about it because I want to opt for a re-mark in EE/TOK. It's called a category 1 enquiry. Your IB Coordinator should initiate it, and then he (or she) will get the update on how did it go (your mark will also change on the candidates' website if it goes up or down). It can generally last up to 1 month (usually 2-3 weeks). For subject, all papers are re-marked by the senior examiner, so you should probably firstly get your result breakdown to see whether it's worth it. And your grade can go down as well as up, so it's a big risk (but not too big, as you are 1% away, though). It's easier for me as I have my EE and TOK here and can review them once more... 

Good luck with your re-mark  ^_^

P.S. I've heard that they return your fee for the re-mark if your grade goes up, but I'm not sure.

Is 3-2 marks from higher grade a lot?

Look at it like this - your grade is determined by all the exams you sat in addition to the internal assessments. So even a couple of points is actually a big difference since you would have to score higher in all your assignments. That said, no harm in asking them to recheck a certain subject if it's a matter of few points. You probably wouldn't go down by that much even if you did go down.

• Like 2

Diploma Awarded!

English EE: A

English HL(Literature) : 6

Spanish B SL: 5

History of the Americas HL: 6

Chemistry SL: 5

Mathematics HL: 4

Visual Arts Option B SL: 3

Theory of Knowledge: A

EE/ToK Point: 3

Total: 32/45

Art was disappointing and unexpected, but I wouldn't get college credit in it anyway since it's SL, and it didn't jeopardize my diploma. I also would've liked a 7 in something, especially English. However, getting an A in both EE and ToK is really exciting, I'm the second student to pass HL Math in my school, and I have a college and full tuition scholarship that was independent of IB, so overall I'm very happy with the results!

• Like 4

Chemistry HL: 7

Physics HL: 7

Physics EE: C

Maths HL: 7

English SL: 6

Business SL: 5 

French SL: 7

TOK:A

Core points: +2

Total: 41/45

Diploma Awarded! :D

Just a question

I got C in my EE (and was predicted A for a point) and got 5 in business (3 marks off a 6). If I do I remark is it likely that my EE and Business grades go up?

• Like 1

Diploma awarded! :D

I'm 1 percentage away from the next grade boundary in 3 of my subjects and my EE! Its so frustrating to know that if your grade was higher be only one percent, it would make a huge difference in your overall points!

I'm contemplating whether I should get one of those 3 subjects re-evaluated but I dont want it to go down!

Diploma awarded!

Spanish A HL: 5

English B HL: 6

Philosophy HL: 4

Maths SL: 5

Physics SL: 4

Biology SL: 4

EE+TOK = 2

Total: 30/45

I was quite disappointed with biology and philosophy, because in class I got always straight A's in those. I think I might ask to remark them. Taking into account that I'm part from the first IB prom in my school, are this grades acceptable? Nevertheless, I should be happy :).

Diploma awarded! :D

I'm 1 percentage away from the next grade boundary in 3 of my subjects and my EE! Its so frustrating to know that if your grade was higher be only one percent, it would make a huge difference in your overall points!
I'm contemplating whether I should get one of those 3 subjects re-evaluated but I dont want it to go down!

Same here.

• Like 2

Subject (Predicted/Actual)

Chemistry HL: (6/7)

English Literature HL: (7/6)

History HL, Europe and the Middle East: (5/6)

Biology SL: (6/7)

Mathematics SL: (6/6)

French B SL: (6/6)

TOK: (A/A)

EE: (B/B)

Total: (39/41)

Diploma Awarded

I missed my 7 in English by 1 point which makes me kinda sad because my teacher was so confident in my ability to get a 7 that I feel like I've let her down. Overall, I'm very pleased with my results because I was predicted 39 points and I ended up 2 points higher than that!

• Like 3

Spanish A: Literature HL: 6 (3 points away from the boundary)
English B HL: 6 (3 points away from the boundary)
Philosophy SL: 6 
Biology HL: 4 (4 points away from the boundary)
Physics SL: 4 
Math EE: C (2 points away from the boundary)
Math SL: 6 
TOK: C (3 points away from the boundary)

33 Points

Do you think it is worth to ask for a re-evaluation in the subjects in which I'm close to the boundary? I'm worried about the fact that they might lower my grades :unsure:  

• Like 2

I am thinking of getting a re evaluation. I was ONE point away from an A in my EE. Incredibly frustrating.

But what does getting a Re-count intail? Who do you have to contact and is it a big hassle?

Also, is there any way to see the scores that you get on your internal assessment? I am really curious about how my math exploration did.

Edited by izu

I am thinking of getting a re evaluation. I was ONE point away from an A in my EE. Incredibly frustrating.

But what does getting a Re-count intail? Who do you have to contact and is it a big hassle?

Also, is there any way to see the scores that you get on your internal assessment? I am really curious about how my math exploration did.

What was your EE on?