May the 6th be with you

I got my results today. Courtesy of my Diploma Coordinator.

All I can say is that the moment you read the words stating you obtained your diploma, you are hit with an entire tsunami of emotions. But the most overpowering one is that of relief, relief from not having to wait any longer.

As for my results, I'll just say that I was completely satisfied with them. :yahoo:  The feeling was like as if the entire burden of not knowing what was going to happen was lifted of my shoulders. I felt like Atlas, not having to hold up the world any longer. This was mainly because I thought I could barely pass after having witnessed the horrors of the exams, but guess I was just overthinking it.

So if you're still waiting, don't worry too much. The truth will be revealed when it is, getting all anxious about it won't change the results. Take it from a guy who thought he bombed both the Physics and Chemistry HL exams, yet ended up passing with 32+ Diploma Points. I feel like the grade boundaries were lowered this year by a considerable margin, because that is the only way I would have passed Physics and Chemistry HL. That or I am the luckiest person alive when it comes to multiple choice exams. (Physics HL Paper 1, anybody?  :wacko: )

All in all, I'm happy to have met my offer of 33 points (No, I didn't get 33 points). So I think it's fair to say that the time of celebration has arrived!  :diploma:

I wish the rest of you luck. May you all exceed your offers! 

Congratulations!  :diploma:  That must be a huge relief, now I have to wait a whole 23h 45m for my results  :unsure: 

• Like 1

All I can say is that the moment you read the words stating you obtained your diploma, you are hit with an entire tsunami of emotions. But the most overpowering one is that of relief, relief from not having to wait any longer.

As for my results, I'll just say that I was completely satisfied with them. :yahoo:  The feeling was like as if the entire burden of not knowing what was going to happen was lifted of my shoulders. I felt like Atlas, not having to hold up the world any longer. This was mainly because I thought I could barely pass after having witnessed the horrors of the exams, but guess I was just overthinking it.

So if you're still waiting, don't worry too much. The truth will be revealed when it is, getting all anxious about it won't change the results. Take it from a guy who thought he bombed both the Physics and Chemistry HL exams, yet ended up passing with 32+ Diploma Points. I feel like the grade boundaries were lowered this year by a considerable margin, because that is the only way I would have passed Physics and Chemistry HL. That or I am the luckiest person alive when it comes to multiple choice exams. (Physics HL Paper 1, anybody?  :wacko: )

All in all, I'm happy to have met my offer of 33 points (No, I didn't get 33 points). So I think it's fair to say that the time of celebration has arrived!  :diploma:

Congrats! very happy for you! i'm hoping for 31 points :( do you mind telling me how strict the geo and english examiners were…do you know anything about the boundaries of the 2 subjects? congrats again 

• Like 1

Congratulations Excalibre! You're finally officially done! 

And the 24 hour wait begins :P

• Like 1

I got my results today! 

I got 31 points overall! 
Visual Art Option B HL - 6

English A lang & lit HL - 5

Business and management HL - 5

Greek A lang & lit SL - 6

Math SL - 3 (sucks)

Physics SL - 4

Tok - C

EE (in Visual Arts) - B 

Unfortunately I do not pass to my uni's in england but i pass in my uni in Ireland.. or i might just go to clearing..shame i just needed one more point! 

We did very well in my class with an average of 35 points. Two of my classmates got 44 and 45 points. Unbelievable!

Edited by alexianomikou
  • Like 4

I got my results today! 

I got 31 points overall! 

Math SL - 3 (sucks)

Physics SL - 4

Tok - C

EE (in Visual Arts) - B 

Unfortunately I do not pass to my uni's in england but i pass in my uni in Ireland.. or i might just go to clearing..shame i just needed one more point! 

We did very well in my class with an average of 35 points. Two of my classmates got 44 and 45 points. Unbelievable!

unis in england accept near misses so 2 points below :) good luck x

• Like 1

I got my results today! 

I got 31 points overall! 

Math SL - 3 (sucks)

Physics SL - 4

Tok - C

EE (in Visual Arts) - B 

Yeah you probably should email them asking if they will accept you. There are still certain chances they will if you only miss 2 pooints. 

• Like 1

I got my results today! 

I got 31 points overall! 

Math SL - 3 (sucks)

Physics SL - 4

Tok - C

EE (in Visual Arts) - B 

Yeah you probably should email them asking if they will accept you. There are still certain chances they will if you only miss 2 pooints. 

You should call the uni instead of emailing - much more personal. 

• Like 1

Glad to have an IB coordinator that would tell you your score earlier  :P

Me tooo and congratulations! I got 33 total

French A lit HL: 6

English A lit SL: 4 (glad it's not worse XD)

Spanish B HL: 5

Maths studies: 6

Biology SL: 5

Economics: 5 (Very pissed)

EE+TOK: 2pts

Good luck to everyone!!!!! I FEEL the anxiety!

• Like 7

AHHHHHH.

I'm so stressed. I don't know how my results will be. I was from the first IB promotion in my school, and I don't have a clue of what I might get. I will be so pleased with a 35. But I don't think I will be able to achieve that. :S Well, I hope my grades won't be that bad :).

Luck to the ones struggling with the uni entrance, and to the rest of us who are still waiting our fate. 

• Like 1