Why IB?

I decided that it was time for a challenge. Besides, it enabled me to go to study to India and most probably jump to another country after that, which is great (make the first part the main reason :) ). And because I really did not want to do Catalan in my life (I am from Catalonia, Spain) which I had to if I took the normal batxillerat...or even IB in my town. That is so lame! Those doing IB in Girona (the only school avalaible was Vives for me, because the other one offering it is a boys school) and I think even Spain, they have to do other subjects too and a really odd combo in order to do PAU too (= SAt, more or less). Anyways, a long story...

But I am happy with my decision, and I really hope it is going to work out well with me. *fingers crossed*

• 2 months later...

It was either IB or the regular high school diploma. I figured my parents were paying so much money to keep me in school, so I might as well make use of it. I realize IB would just mean they'd pay more money, but the American diploma teachers are idiots and I'd just be throwing away my parents' money. I'm not saying I solely did this for my parents; on the contrary, I wanted to make something of myself...my parents look at me sometimes and go, "why are you doing this to yourself?" as I frantically try to multitask by writing my ToK essay and researching for my history project. They're often quite amused :D

American diploma classes comprise of a) people who are just going to take over their fathers' companies so don't bother making something of themselves on their own; b) those who yell out, "WHAT PAGE ARE WE ON?!" five seconds after the teacher says, "turn to page 34;" c) those lacking motivation. I've always wondered what 'the easy way out' would have been like, but I look at my non-IB friends and it just hits me that I made the right choice.

It's the weekend and I finally have time to post :D

Well for me it was either the Tawjeehi or the IB diploma.

I wanted to go to England ever since I was a kid (my parents aswell). Having the Tawjeehi would seem like a bad bad idea in that case. The Tawjeehi is mostly you learn everything by heart and take a test, no essays to write, nothing to analyze, it's based on learning knowledge.

You might say oh that sounds very easy, but its not, the math is alot more complicated and the subjects are a more descriptive and not critical enough. Plus Tawjeehi is not enough to get into a uni in England.

SAT would have been not good enough anyway for England, and there are no schools that offer A levels (there's only one, but it's an all boys school), so IB it is.

• 4 weeks later...

As many here have already said it was either the IB or normal high school program. Actually when I chose IB I only knew that they studied in English and since I love the English language I got interested about it. Just days before I heard that I passed the entrance exams I was thinking of staying in my hometown and go to normal high school. After hearing the news I then decided that "The hell of it, I'll go there because I can study in English and I can also study Latin in the same school". I realised in the middle of the pre-DP year where I had put my nose (so to speak). But I'm very happy about my decision. The studying is great and the people are even greater.

I joined and stayed in IB because of parents. I should of dropped because now I realize that IB is taking up too much time in my senior year and I dont think that the IB Diploma is worth all this work especially when AP can do the same thing because im not planning to apply out of the US anyway so IB is kind of pointless.

Aldarion pretty much summed up what most of the Finnish IB students were thinking when they stumbled down the rabbit hole. XD

I knew very little of IB when I applied here, mostly just that the curriculum is in English. Finding out what the curriculum is really about frightened me a little at first, but I'm pretty happy I chose IB. At least I've learnt a little how to work when you don't feel like it. :)