Rant of the day!

Abu

Ah, but I don't write easily all the time. Trust me, I have times when I can't write anything good to save my life. I have extremely good days and extremely bad days. If I hit a stride with something, I can write something really good, but if I hit a block, I can't do anything. That applies to both essays and creative. You should see an essay I wrote once that scraped a 4. It was appalling.

Actually now looking back at my IB1 essays (all the Camus essay I put up), I'm wondering how on earth they managed to get 6s and 7s. They were pretty bad. I think they got marks on the points I raised in the essays.

Guest nicolefroio

aahhhhhhhh

what do u guys do when you have to write an essay and you have a MAJOR BLOCKAGE?

seriously, major...

i've been trying to write this for days...

DAYSS.

stupid italian unity

OK.. First of all, take it easy. There's nothing worth ranting about.

When you sit down to write an essay, relax as much as possible and free your mind of anything that tenses it. This applies to studying as a whole. Gather the required info from books, articles, internet pages and jot down notes that you need to answer your thesis. Start with the main body, conclusion, then the introduction. Your post is a bit broad, so narrow it down and we might be able to help you (even if we don't really know about Italina Unity).

• 3 weeks later...
:P why do you hate y chromosomes?

The only class I should be worrying about them (well, I suppose it should be singular) in, is Bio- sadly, that is not the case, and I have enough World Lit and Chem texts to suffocate my mind with. I don't need anything else helping!

Dear -----,

I don't appreciate being woken up via cell phone at 2:30 a.m. Your e-mails are very pretty, but your horrible replying skills, or lack thereof, are not. Please contact me when you can be a little less cryptic and confusing. Preferably not before my Bio and French exams.

Good day to you.

I feel like I am in some bad 80's teenie bopper television drama. Oi! Thank god for Haagen-Dazs ice cream!

Edited by spaceisland

What I hate more than writer's block is to have something to write but not having the time to do it. So consequencely, I go and make time to write it before I forget it and then regret taking that time later because I really should have done something else in that time was more important...academically, that is. So it makes me feel guilty...which sucks.

I've ranted about this before....

What I hate more than writer's block is to have something to write but not having the time to do it. So consequencely, I go and make time to write it before I forget it and then regret taking that time later because I really should have done something else in that time was more important...academically, that is. So it makes me feel guilty...which sucks.

I've ranted about this before....

I know what you're saying... Whether it's a personal creative writing thing, or an essay for class, I always find myself spending a lot of unneccessary time on it, just because I am more passionate about English. It's bad, because English is one of the few classes that I can afford to lose a few marks in, yet I'll spend half the night perfecting a writing assignment rather than studying for Math, merely because it's more satisfying, and I set higher standards for myself. Then I write the math test and have to mentally skin myself. Haha.

Friday 09/11/2007 08:45 12:00 ECON1203:Quantitative Methods B Lower Tea, Randwick Racecourse

Wednesday 14/11/2007 08:45 12:00 ACCT1511:Accounting & Financial Mgt 1B Derby Rm,Randwick Racecourse

Thursday 15/11/2007 08:45 11:00 ECON1102:Macroeconomics 1 Pavilion, Randwick Racecourse

Monday 19/11/2007 08:45 11:00 MGMT2002:Managing Business Communication Derby Rm,Randwick Racecourse

My exam timetable. Sigh. They all start at 9am. :P

Well, look at it on the bright side. 4 days to study for ACCT.

Three hours later:

I think I've just had the most useless, boring and unproductive tutorial ever!

So my normal tutor is away today and we had a substitute. Oh boy. To be honest I probably know more about the chi-squared distribution than she did and I didn't even go to the lecture on chi-squared distribution last week as I was too busy with other assignments so the last time I looked at the distribution was back in IB exam! (ok, read, exaggeration :S )

She spent 45 minutes reading, slowly, in monotone, the homework solutions outloud from the overhead projection (which we could see anyway!). Then someone asked whether we'd be penalised if the question asked for a test of proportion and we tested an ordinary distribution (uh...duh!) and she said you would get most of the marks but not full marks. Uh...most? What kind of logic is that? If the question asked for a proportion and you disregarded that I'd say you'd be lucky to get half the marks, not most of it!!

What got to me most was that she totally mispronounced 'chi'. She pronounced it "chee" as in cherry. :P I tried to correct her by asking "Isnt it pronouned 'kai'?" and she said, "It's the same thing!!" Erm...lady, I don't know where you learnt your Greek letters but "chee" and "kai" are not the same thing! How she got a job teaching statistics when she couldn't pronounce one of the major distributions is beyond me. So I spent 45 minutes wincing every time she said chi which was about once every 10 seconds. :S I would had left if it wasn't that she was handing back an assignment at the end of class.

Anyway I feel sorry for her usual class. And I'm glad that she's not my tutor so won't be marking my exam. :D My usual tutor's pretty decent.

What happened to spring, by the way? It's about a million degrees outside. I feel like I've been dumped into midsummer. Oh I now understand why the stereotypical Aussie image included that dangling cork hat. The place is infested with flies... :S

Yes, I've had a bad day. :( Sigh. The heat does this to me...until I get used to it...more or less.

But on the bright side my macroecon presentation went well.

• 5 weeks later...

Life sucks right now because:

- I had a test in English and Swedish and I don't think it went well

- I have four harder tests this week (math, psy, bio and chem) left and I am sure that I will fail badly because when I quizzed myself, it went very well.

- general girl problems :P

- I caught a cold

- there is something wrong with the temperature in the study room of the library, making it ice-cold inside there

- My water bottle accidently leaked in my bag, ruining everything inside there INCLUDING MY CELL-PHONE (which is now dead) and my CALENDAR (which is now barely legible)

- I just realized that one of my closest friend is rather selfish

- and there is no Grey's Anatomy episode this week to cheer me up :D

>.<

Edited by Afterglow