May 2013 Official Results Thread

suppose i got a level 2 or 3 on my Math SL .... does that mean i failed miserably ? :'(

Well I wouldn't say "failed miserably" but that's definitely not too great of a score for most people. But if you tried your hardest and studied well and still got that result, I wouldn't call it a failure. It just means math isn't your strong point, and I'm sure there are other subjects you're great in.

i want to do something in life sciences so thats going to affect my university acceptances isn't it ?

I know that for some universities (UofT), life sciences requires a mandatory math course (MHF4U -Advanced Functions). Math SL is equivalent to a MHF course, so admission chances are not looking too good for you :(

I'll share mine too so that it didn't look like only 40+ is worth mentioning ;d

HL:

Polish A1: 6

English B: 6

Psychology: 5

SL:

French ab initio: 7

maths: 6

biology: 6

psychology EE: C

TOK: B

Total: 37

I'm really dissapointed with psychology, because almost the whole class was predicted 7s, the exams seemed easy, and we ended up with 4s and 5s, which clearly shows my teachers incompetence (as happened last year too). I missed my Bath offer because of that but well.. hopefully they'll still let me in. I'm really happy with all the other grades though. I feel like I worked hard enough to get the 6s and a 7 ;D

Edited by maereth
  • Like 1

Those are my results...

Spanish A Literature HL - 5

English B HL - 6

French AB SL - 6

History of the Americas HL - 5

Physics SL - 5

Math SL - 3

EE - C

ToK - C

Total: 31

I'm really happy with the results despite my grade isnt 40+, that 5 in physics really makes me happy but that C in the EE not, but whatever. I'm really proud of myself.

• Like 1

@ILikeTurtles you could try phoning your uni and explaining the situation to them, how you only narrowly missed it and that you really want to go there...I know of people who were offered 35, got 32 and still allowed to go to their 1st choice uni-goo luck!

Yeah thanks :) Im waiting for my coordinator to tell me the percentages as he isn't in the country at the moment.. I shall call them tomorrow morning with all my fingers crossed!

Hey guys, I JUST discovered this forum the day I wrote my last exam.. pity I hadn't found it sooner, would've made my life so much easier :D

Anyways, never too late to join the community (even more so now that I'm an alumni haha)

English A1 Lit HL: 7 (was pleasantly surprised considering only like 2% get 7's... in fact I only wrote like 3 pages each for both papers while the rest of my class wrote like 6 or 7. Thought for sure I'd gotten a 6)

History HL: 6 (a bit disappointed... I studied really hard for it and I really thought the papers went well)
Biology HL: 6 (disappointed too, since I'm going into biomedical/life sciences... the exams were easy too I thought)

French B SL: 6 (really happy, could've done better but oh well)
Maths SL: 7 (as expected, nothing too hard)
Physics SL: 7 (genuinely surprised :o my IA's weren't too good and I thought paper 3 was absolute massacre...)

EE: A (To What Extent Did Public Knowledge of Domestic Issues from 1980 to 1990 Influence the Dissolution of the USSR?)

TOK: A (the disagreement in natural and human sciences)

Total: 42 DIPLOMA AWARDED

overall, really happy that I did so well, considering that I'm something of a class clown and the teachers never thought of me as a good student haha
:clap:

Eng A1 HL - 6

B&M HL - 6

Physics HL - 3

Math SL - 5

Mandarin B SL - 6

History SL - 4

TOK - B

EE - C

Total - 31

Results - Diploma awarded

I may have lost the battle of Physics HL, but I won the war against IB.

FTS

English Literature SL - 6

Swedish B HL - 6

Economics HL - 7

Economics EE - A

History HL - 6

Physics SL - 6

Mathematics SL - 5

TOK - B

TOK/EE: 3 points

Total points: 39

I underachieved by 3 points, but I still made my LSE offer :D

yooo kuba hahaha

sup Marc hahah

Fellow IB survivers,

I have received my component scores and it appears as if I am borderline in a couple of subjects. I was predicted a 6 in Swedish A HL and a 7 wouldn't have seemd unlikely either, but I received a 5. My scores were:

IOC: 28/30 (7)

P1: 15/20 (6)

P2: 8/25 (3)

Written task: 25/40

It is obious that my paper 2 grade brought my grade down immensely. I have never gotten a grade of lower than a 5 at a paper 2. Do you guys think I should request for a remark? There is no risk of me going down to a 4, is there? I really need a 6 if possible.

Also, I scored a 5 in Math SL. My grades were:

Paper 1: 69/90 (6)

Paper 2: 55/90 (5)

IAs: 6 (didn't receive my score total, only a grade.

Any chance of me getting a 6 here rather than a 5?

Oh and I might as well throw in Economics HL as well.

I received a 6 in the end.

IAs: 35/45(?) (6)

Paper 1: 35/50 (6)

Paper 2: 28/40 (6)

Paper 3: 45/50 (7)

There is no way of me getting a 7 here, is there?

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated.

Fellow IB survivers,

I have received my component scores and it appears as if I am borderline in a couple of subjects. I was predicted a 6 in Swedish A HL and a 7 wouldn't have seemd unlikely either, but I received a 5. My scores were:

IOC: 28/30 (7)

P1: 15/20 (6)

P2: 8/25 (3)

Written task: 25/40

It is obious that my paper 2 grade brought my grade down immensely. I have never gotten a grade of lower than a 5 at a paper 2. Do you guys think I should request for a remark? There is no risk of me going down to a 4, is there? I really need a 6 if possible.

Also, I scored a 5 in Math SL. My grades were:

Paper 1: 69/90 (6)

Paper 2: 55/90 (5)

IAs: 6 (didn't receive my score total, only a grade.

Any chance of me getting a 6 here rather than a 5?

Oh and I might as well throw in Economics HL as well.

I received a 6 in the end.

IAs: 35/45(?) (6)

Paper 1: 35/50 (6)

Paper 2: 28/40 (6)

Paper 3: 45/50 (7)

There is no way of me getting a 7 here, is there?

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated.

Hello, I think you should compare it to the boundaries for these subjects, although I have no idea where to find them (probably from your school?), and then decide. I would probably remark Swedish if I really had to (a 3 in P2 is weird if you actually studied and read the books).

For Mathematics I think your P2 was a low five, and also your P1 was a low 6, and grades don't go up much, but you should really check the boundaries. I don't take Economics HL, I do take SL (no P3), but the 6 in the IA is pretty high but the 6s in P1 and P2 seem pretty standard. However, being an essay subject, everything is possible!

Btw my school lied to us and told us that component grades are coming tomorrow -.-''

Edited by Zarathustra

@Webster 7: wow, your paper two is almost like TykeDragon's EE (no offence intended); you should definitely get it remarked, I don't think that there is any point in not to, and besides, what have you got to lose?

but an 8/25 for paper 2, wow, that's really dodgy

Such a sigh of relief! I *just* met my 43 offer :)

English A1 HL: 7 (I was on the 6-7 border during mocks and throughout the year, so I guess a lucky one! I wrote significantly less than my whole class too!)

Economics HL: 7 (nbd)

History HL: 6 (Was on the 6-7 border as well; also happens to be my favourite subject...but yeah, this happened in IGCSE too)

Mandarin HL: 6 (My hardest and fourth HL. Such a regret taking this. Spent so long trying to reach this 6, probably could have gotten 44-45 if I wasn't so stupid to take 4HLs back in the day)

Biology SL: 7 (nbd)

Maths SL: 7 (nbd)

EE: A

TOK: B

Total: 43!!!

Just met my offer :) I'll be joining my girlfriend in the University of Hong Kong, studying a Business+LLB dual degree!

2dgueds.png

What the heck does this mean? Does it mean that my grades are not final?

No, it means that they can still be changed by remark. They just aren't certified yet :) don't worry, your grade won't change unless you remark it.

2dgueds.png

What the heck does this mean? Does it mean that my grades are not final?

No, it means that they can still be changed by remark. They just aren't certified yet :) don't worry, your grade won't change unless you remark it.

Great thanks! I called IBO and they didn't answer; they gave this classical "Talk to your DP coordinator." Whatever, I'm glad that IB is over and I will forever hate the IB organisation.

Edited by turbanurban