Chemistry HL Paper 1 and 2 TZ2

laurabradshaw

Paper 1 - the easiest P1 I have ever done. Expecting 40/40 for the first time :)

Paper 2

- Section A - Pain in the a*s. Too wordy and I really hope that follow through marks will be allowed on those [1]-mark questions...

- Section B - I started with this part of the test first. Did the part about molecular structure (the question about PCl3Br2 something was really ambiguous), The other part I did was about redox and it was nice.

I accidently did three parts from Section B lol... (Did the one with acids and buffers as well.)

Expecting to get a überstrong 6 and possibly a 7 if I am really lucky because P2 was simply a pain. I hope you all screw up P2 so that the grade boundaries are going to be low this year!!! Haha. :surrender:

• Like 1

Oh man paper 2 was horrible! What did you guys get for the tablet question anyway? And also, in paper 1, what did u guys get for the last "precision/accuracy" question? I was hoping for a 7 but now i have my doubts:( anyone get 55kj for the rate one? Tz2

Got that as both accurate and precise. Not too sure though. What did others get?

• Like 1

The answer is imprecise and inaccurate.

The pH-values weren't at all near to the accurately measured value. ---> inaccurate

The pH-values weren't at all close to each other. --> imprecise

Why? A "small" difference in pH is still a big difference in the proton concentration. Remember, pH varies exponentially with the proton concentration.

• Like 2

I did the orgo one. Also acids and bases one. Section A was tough but doable. I also wrote imprecise and inaccurate. I'm pretty sure it's inaccurate since like @IB-Adam said, it increases exponentially and the mean wasn't even the same value (I think). I'm just not sure about the precision since that's pretty subjective, although I just compared it to the given value which had three sig figs so I thought compared it's imprecise... Not too sure.

Some questions:

1) What did you guys do for that question with HF and NH4F?

2) Do we all agree that the equilibrium question was off syllabus? Since you had to use quadratics no? (There's a syllabus statement that says that the use of quadratics will not be examined)

3) Iron in the human body?! I wrote helps produce red blood cells is that right?

4) For the question in P1, which is a lewis acid base reaction but not a BL one, I put B (I cant remember what the answer was) does anyone know the right answer? No one at my school knew for sure.

@jacob feathers

Generally i guess, whatever u remember from it would be appreciated lol

@ john

Yes the equilibrium was OUT of syllabus and i was quite shocked, in addition the numbers were

Not friendly at all, it was a

Pretty tough one, what did u get as your concentration?

Literally realised the quadratic thing like 3 minutes before the end of the exam... I got the concentration for HI but ran out of time for I2 and H2... But I asked my chem teacher who is a senior examiner (1 of 4 or something like that) and he said in the past they had a whole question that was wrong and they just gave marks to everyone or gave full credit for showing some understanding or something like that (I'm talking like a decade ago though...)

What equilibrium question are you talking about, remind me :) ? but for you info, unless it's in section b paper 2, all can be done without quadratics (i think), but besides donøt you need it for math anyway?