IB courses you wish you hadn't taken, but did/do

flinquinnster

This is based on the thread "IB courses you wish you could have taken, but couldn't". Because, personally, I find it more interesting to hear about regrets and disappointments. Anyway, to start with my own...

In hindsight, I wish I took Biology SL instead of Physics SL. The biology class next door to us likes to tease us by constantly bringing in food and watching youtube videos, whilst we sit, take notes, do problems, and actually do work.

I slightly regret taking geography as well, because economics looks pretty fun, easy and perhaps even useful!

At least I don't regret taking Maths HL. I have to keep telling that to myself every time I spend 5 hours doing homework, whilst all the SL kids do theirs in class.

Ah, the vicissitudes of IB subject configuration!

HL English or history, but both were mandatory and I had no choice. I shouldn't have been in a HL English course at all. Even though I did very well in history, I would have liked to spend my time on other subjects. I also regret taking SL math, I probably should have taken HL math, but I'm all caught up and on track for my math requirements for university.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Danish SL, but it's compulsory in my school. Loathe every moment of it!

Also Geo HL is turning out quite annoying due to a bad teacher, but it's my fourth HL so I may drop down to SL so it won't be too much of a bother. It's super easy except for the IA which is killing me.

Physics HL. I'm finished with it but it was a lot of extra, useless bother for someone going to study economics. Could've done SL, the most I can get from doing HL is one CU of course credit in uni if i get my predicted 6. Even worse, I could really have taken SL but missed the deadline for second registration by ONE day when I finally got talking to my coordinator about it...

I actually regret taking Maths SL instead of Studies, cause I don't really need SL for anything and I consider it one massive waste of time.

this

And I'll probably stay in Poland, at least for undergraduate. And they consider math SL to be really standard. Like people from regular programme have tasks like log100-log(2)8 at final exams. And now some idiots will have more points cause they pass exams for retards ;[.